Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX 360 wheel... Drivers needed..

• 31-10-2007 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if u can get these anywhere. Guy selling one on boards but he doesnt have the PGR3 that came with it.. Without it you don't get force feedback.

Has anyone got a copy i could borrow if i get the wheel or know if u can download them...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I don't understand, is PGR3 the only game with the force feedback feature

surely forza2 has it or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

The PGR3 that ships with the wheel has drivers on it that the std PGR3 doesnt... You need these drivers to enable force feedback on all the games. Same as when u get the HD-DVD drive, u get the drivers on a disk for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Are you connected to xbox live? I'm sure they must have came with a later update too?

Thats what i was thinking but i can't see anything on the net for it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

unklerosco wrote: »
    The PGR3 that ships with the wheel has drivers on it that the std PGR3 doesnt... You need these drivers to enable force feedback on all the games. Same as when u get the HD-DVD drive, u get the drivers on a disk for it...

Oh that is a nasty situation to be in. if I had it dude I'd lend you it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

First time I heard about PGR3 having the drivers on it. :confused:

It was only the PGR3 that came with the wheel... The PGR3 u bought in the shops etc didnt have them... Tis ok, found out that the drivers where included in an update a while ago...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Do people find these wheels add much to the experience? I'm tempted but the high price is very off putting (I think it's around €140, right? :eek:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

just remember that you must have it plugged into the mains for force feedback to work , it won't work on battery power and also print this out and send it Microsoft to get the retrofit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

grizzly wrote: »
    Do people find these wheels add much to the experience? I'm tempted but the high price is very off putting (I think it's around €140, right? :eek:)

I don't have the 360 one, but I got one for the PS2 a couple of years ago, its was ok fun, but made the game about 50 times harder!!

• Advertisement

They where €99 in argos before the recall... Picking one up on adverts for €50. I dont think they're gonna be back in the stores till the end of the month, early december. Any that are still in stores are the ones that'll prob need the retrofit..

From the reviews I read its a decent bit of kit, its no G25 but then again it doesnt cost the same. Seemingly its much easier with the force feedback on, I had a wheel on the PC n it was real hard to use...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I believe pgr3 has a driver on it which installs the feedback support. But it works perfectly if you have an elite. No need for pgr3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

pm me your address mate and I'll send you my copy. You can either buy it off me (make me a reasonable offer if you want, I don't play it anymore anyway) or just load the drivers and send the disc back.
    For anyone into driving games I would definitely recommend this wheel.

Advertisement