Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your local ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

The Bell and the 12th lock. The 12th lock is always packed though, it's a bit too small, not enough seats. The Bell is always a good laugh. And the Roselawn, don't really like it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Haha this is gas, bar the shanty and the paddocks which is just round the corner Ive been to all of em.

The funny thing is we've probably all been in one or the other pub at the same time, possibly borrowed a light (if one smokes, not I) off another here. Shared a joke or what not while waiting for a pint and not even known it!!

I lived in Delwood and well went to the Rosie! then it was the Carpenter which would still be the "local" per se but living up in Ravenswood the closest would be the hartstown. Only been once. Not sure what its like on a weekend night.

Millhouse used to have good lve music but it was always dead!

Grasshopper is pretty sweet. Good music, nice pool table.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

My local is the Carpenter but ive been in there maybe 3 times. When i had just turned 18 i worked in roaches in the blanch centre and they made us redundant so i basically walked into the Buddah bar with a wod of cash and drank myself silly over 3 months. Then did nt drink for maybe a year. But with that gone i now feel like i can tell stories to d15 tourists about the good aul days. But i usually drink in the coblestone in smithfield. But ill make more of an effort to drink locally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

Thaedydal wrote: »
    what is your local pub ?
    not the nearest one that you pop into at least once every fortnight ?
    Can you walk stagger home form it ?
    If you dont' have one in the area why not ?

The Roselawn Inn, The Bell, The Clonsilla Inn. The Rosie is only down the road from me though. Prefer the Clonsilla to be honest. Like Myo's in Castleknock for a quiet enough drink too the odd time. Don't tend to go to the pub alot though. Usually just drink at home and then go to Heaven near the Centre or into town to a nightclub/pub. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭pinkyirl

The Hartstown house isnt actually too bad, it's the closest to me & we go there in the eves for pub grub sometimes - great food actually. The bar staff have all been there for years, very professional & friendly. As per most suburban pubs, it does turn into a bit of a creche on Sunday afternoons, but it's worth it for the carvery. I'm not a Guinness drinker but my Dad always go over there for a pint when he's up from Kerry and he says it's a good pint - and he would know :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

went that Vineyard place recently, wasn't it the blacnchardstown house back in the day? food upstairs was quite nice, and was pretty busy downstairs when we went down for a few, though they had a guy/girl band combo playing that weren't that great and were far far far too loud.

the barbican is alright, nice smoking area.

back in the day though it was either the Buda (when it wasn't sh1t and dangerous) or the Rosie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

Clonsilla Inn is the nearest to me, 5 minute stumble down the road to home. Anyone know what the story is with the food? They keep changing the menu (and the chefs by the look of it) and I'm not too keen on the new menu. Other than Clonsilla I'd pop into 12th lock the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

nurse_baz wrote: »
    the barbican is alright, nice smoking area.

Rumour has reached me that the Barbican could be on the verge of folding and the owner selling up due to the lack of business. All it really has going for it is the smoking area. Can't say I like the crowd who frequent it. Myos ftw in Castleknock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Pretty much equidistant between the Shanty and Corduff :eek::D

The Clonsilla is my most regular. Alot of my mates live in Coolmine/general Clonsilla and Ongar area so its where Id meet them, either for a few before Heaven or wherever or for matches. tbh I usually go to the Clonsilla for Ireland or prem matches more because alot of the lads nearby, personally I hate the way they only put up the volume at kick off, you miss the start up punditry and the national anthem (hey, its gets me fired up :) ). And in summer the evening sunlight really comes badly off the projector screen up the top.

Roselawn is a nice spot but, again, night of the Dunne vs Martinez bout they only turned up the volume a few secs before the start :mad:

We used to go on mindless post college Friday afternoon sessions in The Bell, 3 euro for Fosters pints back then, we would have maybe 4 cans before go in, 8 more pints, mangled. Nice pub, have not been on the regular in a while though, last time I dropped in was September odd.

Another good thing- you can usually manage to gatecrash private parties in the function room :) Night of my mates birthday we were in there eating chicken/sausage roll buffets laid on for a party held by people who didnt even know us :D They didnt notice about 10 of us had sneaked in, and my mate pretty much got his own DJ and a few bits of free food :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi all,
    can anyone tell me exaclty where the Paddock bar is? My brother is gigging there next week so I'm planning to head up there for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

deswalsh wrote: »
    Hi all,
    can anyone tell me exaclty where the Paddock bar is? My brother is gigging there next week so I'm planning to head up there for it.

The Paddocks is beside Littlepace shops, close to Clonee. Coming from Blanch on the N3 northbound, take the Clonee exit and turn left at the lights at the top of the sliproad, then left again at the first roundabout. A couple of hundred yards up that road on the left is the Paddocks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Cheers PauloMN! sounds handy enough to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I frequent the Carpenter, Vineyard. I go to the Roselawn a good bit too but only because it is too handy for me. The place is empty and full of aul fellas. It really needs a complete renovation. I think the lease is up for the owner next year so we could see it change hands shortly.

I don't really like the Bell, it smells of sweat, the toilet floors are full of p1ss and there can sometimes be a bad vibe in the place. Its as if your waiting for a massive brawl to break out. There are alot of dodgy characters drinking there.

I was never mad about Myos, alot of wannabe D4 heads go there but its not too bad. The place itself is a bit depressing. It needs a facelift.

The 12th Loch is lovely during the day but at night its very busy and a bit coupley!

The Greyhound is another smelly hole of a place that is always dead except on a Sunday night for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

We live about 2mins from the Hartsown and it's not all that bad, I don't drink in there all that much but my OH goes there a couple of times a week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Arcadian wrote: »
    We live about 2mins from the Hartsown and it's not all that bad, I don't drink in there all that much but my OH goes there a couple of times a week:)

Thats because the Guinness in there is very good ;)

I used to live near there and didnt really go in there. But when I did at least I knew the Guinness would be top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭denashpot

my local would ave to be my bedroom, lol. :eek::confused::D:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Bout 90 second walk from the Carpo. One of if not the nicest pint of Guinness in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

RasTa wrote: »
    Bout 90 second walk from the Carpo. One of if not the nicest pint of Guinness in Dublin.

+1 for that. I lived there on a Friday supping on the nicest Guinness you'll find.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Went into the Paddocks on Sunday at 4pm and it was like going into a creche. Kids running everywhere. Left after 1 pint. Never again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Sorry folks,but the pub scene in D15 is extremely lacking,one thing that really makes me miss home,like every pub is about 40 minutes walk away unless you live next door to them,totattly ridiculous considering the massive population in the area,and they are all devoid of any sense of charactor,atmosphere or entertainment,just because you can buy a drink doesnt make a pub any use,the pints of guniness are muck,like drinking mud,no skill put into the pouring and obviously no regular cleaning of the pipes,the Bell has a good atmosphere and a verly alrite pint,be honest the only place I have encoutered any sort of atmoshpere and an absolutely superb pint was the Corduff Inn,which I was told horror stories about,but everytime Ive been in,the pint has a lovely tang,and met some charactors who were a gas laugh,back home used go down Smithfield or phibsboro,Hanlons,Mulligans,Red Windmill,Glimmerman,Fitzgearlads,Cobblestones,Ryans on Parkgate St,Downeys in Cabra,the pint was better in some places then others,but these were real pubs with real charactors,In D15 the pubs bar the Bell and the Corduff Inn are cold,sterile boring place's,wouldnt be bothered drinking round here,the paddocks is my nearest pub almost half an hour away,and its like a church with a bar in it,dreadful

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Sorry folks,but the pub scene in D15 is extremely lacking,one thing that really makes me miss home,like every pub is about 40 minutes walk away unless you live next door to them,totattly ridiculous considering the massive population in the area,and they are all devoid of any sense of charactor,atmosphere or entertainment,just because you can buy a drink doesnt make a pub any use,the pints of guniness are muck,like drinking mud,no skill put into the pouring and obviously no regular cleaning of the pipes,the Bell has a good atmosphere and a verly alrite pint,be honest the only place I have encoutered any sort of atmoshpere and an absolutely superb pint was the Corduff Inn,which I was told horror stories about,but everytime Ive been in,the pint has a lovely tang,and met some charactors who were a gas laugh,back home used go down Smithfield or phibsboro,Hanlons,Mulligans,Red Windmill,Glimmerman,Fitzgearlads,Cobblestones,Ryans on Parkgate St,Downeys in Cabra,the pint was better in some places then others,but these were real pubs with real charactors,In D15 the pubs bar the Bell and the Corduff Inn are cold,sterile boring place's,wouldnt be bothered drinking round here,the paddocks is my nearest pub almost half an hour away,and its like a church with a bar in it,dreadful

Can I ask why you moved to D15? You seem to resent everything about the place and do nothing but give out in every post.

Move back to Cabra with its "character" and do us all a favour.

Oh, and let me introduce you to the full stop. We have them in D15. Here's a few for you to borrow..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Carpenter's probably my favorite. Has a bit of character. But end up in Myos a bit. usually end up in town near work though. Just depends on whats handy for everyone. Lot of suburban pubs are bit souless though.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Can I ask why you moved to D15? You seem to resent everything about the place and do nothing but give out in every post.

Move back to Cabra with its "character" and do us all a favour.

Oh, and let me introduce you to the full stop. We have them in D15. Here's a few for you to borrow..........

Lets keep it civil folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

The Roselawn would be my most local, but I never go there. Someone I went to Coolmine School with is always there and I'd rather avoid all that "What are you doing now?" conversation.
    I go to The Bell instead, it's worth the extra 10 minutes of walking :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

who drinks in the Roselawn that you want to avoid? it could be me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Not any one person in particular, hope it didn't come out that way :o Just people in general, that it maybe awkward talking too. Supppose it depends on the year we graduated :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

19 96 i see you are a bit younger than me so its defo not an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 webuser

gotta be mc donalds in clonee village..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

The Grasshopper is a smashing pub, nice crowd,good bar staff, decent bands.....

Advertisement