Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absence

Options
  • 31-10-2007 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

I've been sick for the last month and a half and have only managed to go to a handful of lectures and tutorials, I have a med cert but I dont know where to go with it? Im really snowed under with trying to catch up on work, should I go to each lecturer individually or email them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

If I were you I'd go to each lecturer indiviually as you can explain exactly where you need to catch up and they can give pointers/advice etc. Most of them are really helpful and it is definitely worthwhile. Also send a copy of your cert to the dept. so your absence is on your file.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Is there a student advisor in your school? If so I would go to them, they can inform the individual lecturers and course coordinators about your absence, and could probably arrange extra tuition if you need to catch up on work that you missed when absent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Scraggs wrote:
    If I were you I'd go to each lecturer indiviually as you can explain exactly where you need to catch up and they can give pointers/advice etc. Most of them are really helpful and it is definitely worthwhile.
    Listen to Scraggs, 'tis good advice. Lecturers are generally pretty understanding, and if you've been sick I'm sure they'll be all to willing to help you out with whatever problems you've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I missed about two months on and off last term. I sent my med certs to my course co ordinator who informed all my lecturers. I then arranged meetings where they went over what I needed to catch up on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

Thanks very much for the help guys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement