Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum ban appeal

Options
  • 31-10-2007 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

I have been banned for a month now. I was banned for role-playing with myself and insulting a made up boards member. I insulted no one on the forum, rather it was an attack on blind Celtic fans who fail to give Rangers credit. Plus I have a few opinions I want to voice.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

role-playing with myself

O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Link? And can you explain role playing with yourself? Sounds like you had 2 accounts and interacted with yourself ... am sure thats not it but you post isn't very clear.

Where's the ban appeal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Oh yeah please reinstate me back to the soccer forum.

I made an appeal about a month back. Let me explain role-playing with myself.

Me:'Bleedin Rangers scum. celtic are irish, tere team isnt very good but i suport them because tere irish.

I don't think Rangers are scum. I posted this after Rangers destroyed Lyon away, with a fantastic performance, I noticed people were not giving them enough credit due to their insane hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Oh I remember this .... hi!

Anyway have you tried to Pm one of the mods?

So seeing as this is feedback, you want to give some feedback about the Soccer forum before people come on and give feedback about your post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Did you report the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

6th wrote: »
    Link?

He can't provide one, he can't log out and go in there as Soccer is a private forum.
    Oh yeah please reinstate me back to the soccer forum.

I made an appeal about a month back. Let me explain role-playing with myself.

Me:'Bleedin Rangers scum. celtic are irish, tere team isnt very good but i suport them because tere irish.

I don't think Rangers are scum. I posted this after Rangers destroyed Lyon away, with a fantastic performance, I noticed people were not giving them enough credit due to their insane hatred.

Try sending a PM to the mod who banned you, politely and clearly outlining your position. Its possible he misunderstood your sarcasm/humour. However if he thinks you were trolling your ban is unlikely to get lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

What would Quinner and Bar do?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

cornbb wrote: »
    He can't provide one, he can't log out and go in there as Soccer is a private forum.
    Soccer's not private, just read-only by default. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Pedobear is not impressed with this at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The mod who banned you will make the call.

I don't know who banned me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I think it was kdjac.

T4tf

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Spankeh wrote: »
    Pedobear is not impressed with this at all
    :D Love the avatar!

(sorry for being off topic)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

the_syco wrote: »
    :D Love the avatar!
    Yes, its very sneaky

;)
    (sorry for being off topic)

Me too :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Ah it's what you get for your ignorance. :) boards is far from anti-Rangers.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Looks like the honeymoon could be over, boys...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

estebanblahblahblah, if you stop trolling, people will stop banning you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Terry wrote: »
    QFT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Terry wrote: »
    But then he would have nothing to troll Feedback about ... :rolleyes:

Look I just want back in.

Look I just want back in.

I want world peace and good will towards all people, and the new vanquish, and a mansion and a million euros.

Join the queue for fanciful requests.

fanciful? It's complete injustice. There is no reason I am not allowed to be in. I have contributed to many threads in that forum in a very positive manner. Grant it, perhaps that ban was merited...perhaps, but in that forum there is minimal oppurtunity for me to get into a war of words.

On the wrestling forum, fitness forum, and some others I get on ok with people, people are holding my past against me.

Is it a permanent ban?

I have no idea to be honest. I contacted KDJAC(?)-the Sevilla loving guy, just waiting for a reply.

No, sorry, I was wrong. It wasn't him that banned you.

It was T4TF according to psi in this thread.

Seville? He's a Pats fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

T4tf banned you.

up to him what happens next.

kdjac

Yeah but he loves Sevilla? The Eircom league doesnt actually count as a league, does it?
    It's sort of like a joke rather than a competition
    that was a really bad joke. Have to get in touch with this T4tf charachter.

• Advertisement

Yeah but he loves Sevilla? The Eircom league doesnt actually count as a league, does it?
    It's sort of like a joke rather than a competition
    that was a really bad joke.

See?

This is why you were banned.

Your posts come across as trollish, even if it is a joke, something like this would have annoyed me a few months ago (I'm a Shels supporter).

Fair enough, you said it was a joke, ha ha, but the post that you got banned for, you didn't say that you were joking, and there have been people banned from soccer for posts like yours that weren't jokes, in the past.

How is a mod supposed to know you were joking? Be a mind reader?

Also, you are/had been banned from a number of other forums on Boards.ie, so your name may have cropped up as something of a 'problematic' member, therefore you are given little leeway. Why should you be? Do you not think the mods have enough Spammers, Shills, mupptes and idiots to put up with without you adding to an already hard job?

Furthermore, how many people do you think have been banned from soccer, and other fora, for comments like yours who then go on to claim "I was only joking" as an excuse? Why should you be believed where someone else wasn't believed in the past?

Advertisement