Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum ban appeal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I admit humour, especailly indirect is hard to detect on the internet.

I was not joking in the comment I made, I was depicting a Celtic supporter who fails to give Rangers credit, because they are immature and stupid.

Now in fairness, 'hard job' may be pushing it, I understand you guys have a lot to do, but with effort comes dominance and power, which in my opinion is a great tool for motivation.
    I would expect to be merited on individual forums rather than boards.ie as a whole. I could act like a **** on one forum, but then get on well on another(i.e AH, wrestling forum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I would expect to be merited on individual forums rather than boards.ie as a whole.
    Why?

Nobody else is.

I just feel it's my right. Like seriously, different environments lead to different behavioural patterns. I understand that I don't pay for the service, so I will obviously be judged harshly because of that, but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

DesF wrote: »
    Why?

Nobody else is.

Actually they are.

i care not for people who are banned on another forum. if they have access to the forums i mod they are ehh different to others.

like paranormal i mean wtf we all need to be banned from there for our own good, same with the god channels.

Wouldnt care if someone was banned from those forums but posting on soccer.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

fanciful? It's complete injustice. There is no reason I am not allowed to be in. I have contributed to many threads in that forum in a very positive manner. Grant it, perhaps that ban was merited...perhaps, but in that forum there is minimal oppurtunity for me to get into a war of words.

On the wrestling forum, fitness forum, and some others I get on ok with people, people are holding my past against me.

Quite simply:

You enterered into a written agreement with the soccer mods wher eyou clearly stated you had read all the rules of conduct in the soccer forum and agreed to abide by them.

You broke that agreement by acting in a manner contrary to the rules of the forum, thus we revoked your access.

The mod who banned you may at some stage decide to return your access assuming you agree to abide by the rules in future, then again he may not.
    The second you broke forum rules, you lost whatever hint of "rights" that you might have had.

In summary, you made an agreement and then you broke the agreement. You have noone but yourself to blame for being banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Oh thank gawd, haven't had a good "fight da powah" thread in ages. I was starting to get the shakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I just feel it's my right. Like seriously, different environments lead to different behavioural patterns. I understand that I don't pay for the service, so I will obviously be judged harshly because of that, but still.
    Why would you act differently on one forum than on another? Do you have some sort of psychological illness that causes you to change personality depending on the subject being discussed?

You get judged on the site as a whole, not per forum. People have been site banned for acting the prick on multiple forums.

You haven't really got a leg to stand on here and you know it. You're just hoping that begging will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Whoa there buddy.
    Hold your horses.

You do not have any rights here.

This is a privately owned site.
    If you break the rules, then you suffer the consequences.

Nobody, apart from the five owners, has the right to do or say anything on this site.

Equine references brought to you by a native of the Thoroughbred County.

Well I do have some rights(as well as others) for example if someone says something derogatory, then you have the right to report that person for abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Well I do have some rights(as well as others) for example if someone says something derogatory, then you have the right to report that person for abuse.

it's not a right, it's a privilege granted to you by the owners. if they wanted to take away this all you can do is grin and bear it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

For what its worth, I think the soccer forum is a better place without young Esteban. Sorry mate, but you just always seem to want to start something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

See?

This is why you were banned.

Your posts come across as trollish, even if it is a joke, something like this would have annoyed me a few months ago (I'm a Shels supporter).

Fair enough, you said it was a joke, ha ha, but the post that you got banned for, you didn't say that you were joking, and there have been people banned from soccer for posts like yours that weren't jokes, in the past.

Joking aside if that was his genuine opinion (which it is for some) he should not punished for expressing it.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Joking aside if that was his genuine opinion (which it is for some) he should not punished for expressing it.

No, but people should be able to express their opinions in a non-trollerific way.

If you express an opinion on any subject you can expect to be questioned on it, and if you just keep on with "I just think that", or "That's just the way it is" without backing it up with facts, then you are a troll.

For example.

I think Politician A is a robbing liar.

Why?

Just do, he robs and lies.

When has he robbed and lied?

All them times.

What times?

He's a robber and a liar.

That is trollish behaviour designed to get people's back up, and should incur a ban imo.

Anyway, this is all moot, young esteban is back in soccer.

''what its worth, I think the soccer forum is a better place without young Esteban. Sorry mate, but you just always seem to want to start something. ''

How did that sound so sincere and loving, but at the same time rip through my heart like a dagger?

Lol at the esteBAN....definetly use that when Cambiasso is found out to have taken prohibted substances...God forbid.

No, but people should be able to express their opinions in a non-trollerific way.

If you express an opinion on any subject you can expect to be questioned on it, and if you just keep on with "I just think that", or "That's just the way it is" without backing it up with facts, then you are a troll.

For example.

I think Politician A is a robbing liar.

Why?

Just do, he robs and lies.

When has he robbed and lied?

All them times.

What times?

He's a robber and a liar.

That is trollish behaviour designed to get people's back up, and should incur a ban imo.

Anyway, this is all moot, young esteban is back in soccer.

But you didn't question him on his opinion, you said expressing such opinions was reason enough for being banned. I disagree with that, Nobody should be punished for expressing an opinion here provided that opinion is expressed in a civil manner and does not have any legal implications for the owners of this site.

But you didn't question him on his opinion,
    Er, in this thread? This isn't the soccer forum, so I'm not going to carry out a soccer conversation.
    you said expressing such opinions was reason enough for being banned.
    No, I didn't. I said expressing opinions in a troll-like manner was a bannable offence. It is. Being a troll is bannable. Or am I missing something?

Expressing opinions in a troll like manner = being a troll.

I disagree with that, Nobody should be punished for expressing an opinion here provided that opinion is expressed in a civil manner and does not have any legal implications for the owners of this site.

I never said anyone should be banned for expressing an opinion, BUT, if you express an opinion in a troll like way, in the opinion of the mods, then you are going to get banned. That's not my opinion, that's a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Just out of curiosity who are the five owners of the site?

regi, devore, cloud, ecksor and...

er

I can't remember the fifth.

Vexorg!

Vex is the PR man. He's the kind of person that you take one look at and realise there's no way this man could lie to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

LOL.:D

Seamus move this to Humour, we could use threads like this.

• Advertisement

Er, in this thread?

No, I didn't. I said expressing opinions in a troll-like manner was a bannable offence. It is. Being a troll is bannable. Or am I missing something?

Expressing opinions in a troll like manner = being a troll.

Trolling is posting something just to annoy another user, If you are expressing a genuinely held opinion you can not be trolling IMO. There should be no need to pussyfoot around opinions.

Cue the cat pictiures.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Wouldn't it be great if we could make up our own definitions of words anytime we wanted? We could get around rules, laws... you name it. That would be cool.

Quiet you dirty philanthropist!

Trolling is posting something just to annoy another user, If you are expressing a genuinely held opinion you can not be trolling IMO. There should be no need to pussyfoot around opinions.

While this is true to a degree, the caveat is, and this is what DesF is getting at, is that we require users to express their opinions within the confines of the rules of conduct of the forum.

Doing otherwise, be it through trolling, disruptive behavior, insults or rudeness will result in sanctions.

So while Esteban may have been expressing his opinions, he was, knowingly or not, doing so in a way that may be disruptive and was sanctioned.

psi wrote: »
    While this is true to a degree, the caveat is, and this is what DesF is getting at, is that we require users to express their opinions within the confines of the rules of conduct of the forum.

Doing otherwise, be it through trolling, disruptive behavior, insults or rudeness will result in sanctions.

So while Esteban may have been expressing his opinions, he was, knowingly or not, doing so in a way that may be disruptive and was sanctioned.

I am only referring to desF comments about estebans comments in this thread. Not the comments estaban made on soccer forum which resulted in his ban.

@oscarbravo would you like to post your definition of a troll.

would you like to post your definition of a troll.

If he links to your profile, you set yourself up for it.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Bugger! psi beat me to it... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Threads like this are why i requested access to the soccer forum. I bet it eats at you.

psi wrote: »
    If he links to your profile, you set yourself up for it.

Equally he could link to yours. :p

Boston wrote:
    Threads like this are why i requested access to the soccer forum. I bet it eats at you.

Yeah I can't sleep, off my food and begining to wonder if there's any point continuing. :rolleyes: If only there were other soccer forums on the internet.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Yeah I can't sleep, off my food and begining to wonder if there's any point continuing. :rolleyes: If only there were other soccer forums on the internet.:D

I recommend suicide.

Advertisement