Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum ban appeal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Boston wrote: »
    I recommend suicide.

Are you the same Boston that used to be original and sharp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The Muppet wrote: »
    Are you the same Boston that used to be original and sharp?

Are you the same Muppet that used to try threathen and blackmail to get your own way?

Before of course, an Admin publically declared you a troublemaker for all to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You know people keep coming up to me and say stuff like

"Man you where my hero"
    "You used to be cool"
    "I'll never know a man like you again"

But they never said it to me when it counted. Your opinions of me Muppet are what i strive to conform to.

psi wrote: »
    Are you the same Muppet that used to try threathen and blackmail to get your own way?

Before of course, an Admin publically declared you a troublemaker for all to see.

Thats a very serious allegation I think you should back that up or withdraw it .

If i remember correctly it wasn an admin that banned you from the spirituality forum for being a troublemaker. Touche.

Thats a very serious allegation I think you should back that up or withdraw it .
    I don't really feel I need to do either seeing as I merely asked you a question.
    If i remember correctly it wasn an admin that banned you from the spirituality forum for being a troublemaker. Touche.
    Never been banned from spirituality :)

• Advertisement

Never been banned from spirituality :)

Was it Christianity then? you must remember DeVore banned you for Trolling if I remember correctly.

I think you'll find it was ecksor with the mantis statue in the drawing room.

Was it Christianity then? you must remember DeVore banned you for Trolling if I remember correctly.

Boston has it right, you just going to keep guessing until you come up with something accurate?

I'll help you out, it was DeVore from Christianity, and the ban was for an overly vigorous criticism of the forum's mods, not for anything I ever actually did in the forum (where my posting was actually always very pro-christian).

In any case, if we're comparing and contrasting, my ban was lifted and a clean slate set... I believe the assertion of you is still firmly in place.

Boston has it right, you just going to keep guessing until you come up with something accurate?

I'll help you out, it was DeVore from Christianity, and the ban was for an overly vigorous criticism of the forum's mods, not for anything I ever actually did in the forum (where my posting was actually always very pro-christian).

In any case, if we're comparing and contrasting, my ban was lifted and a clean slate set... I believe the assertion of you is still firmly in place.

Beats getting banned for the heinous crime of calling a user by their christian name.:D

I thought you where banned because you supported Manchester City?

• Advertisement

Boston wrote: »
    I thought you where banned because you supported Manchester City?

LOL that's an improvement , well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Beats getting banned for the heinous crime of calling a user by their christian name.:D

i laughed...sorry :)

kdjac

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I thought you were banned because I was sick to the back teeth of the hassle you were always at the centre of? Perhaps my memory is vague.

Yes, it was really only a hint of an offence.

But then again as you were told by the admins...
    ecksor wrote: »
    You're one hint of an offence away from a life ban in that forum.

In fairness, you're a known continuous troll and offender who had already been perm banned from the soccer forum before before being given amnesty.

On another occasion you lied to the admins about breach of charter dealing in the old for sale forums and kept this lie going for weeks, wasting the time of many people with your lie.

You were then labelled and highlighted as a time waster and a wind up merchant by another admin
    on another occasion.

And then after all that and the warning above, got yourself perm banned from the forum.

Oh and then did you not threathen and try blackmail a mod in an attempt to manipulate????

Honestly, I think if we're gonna compare records I'm gonna have to put alot of work in to match your poor behavior.

I thought you were banned because I was sick to the back teeth of the hassle you were always at the centre of? Perhaps my memory is vague.

Must be a vague memory, I was a model poster. except when I was dealing with assholes then I gave as good as I got. Nothings changed really.

Must be a vague memory, I was a model poster.

ROFL

See above post.

Nothing has changed :)

According to the quotes I see above, my memory was accurate. Anyway, you're essentially saying that you understood my reasoning better than I did, so good luck with that thought process.

Yes, it was really only a hint of an offence.

But then again as you were told by the admins...

It wasn't even a hint of an offence the other user had frequently used my christian name in posts.

It was an excuse to remove me , nice of you to all but admit that.

It wasn't even a hint of an offence the other user had frequently used my chriustian name in posts.

It was an excuse to remove me , nice of you to all but admit that.

No, again you spin deceit and more lies. You were deliberately trying to provoke a user, I warned you to stop, you ignored my warning, I banned you. You knew the ban would be perm yet you continued anyway.

We should add that to the catalogue of offences above.

In fairness, you are rather good at the trouble making, seeing as you almost singlehandedly closed the busiest forum on the site due to your behavior. I don't think even the worst offenders here have managed that.

I'm considering adding a part to the access request instructions highlighting why people need to apply for access and just linking to a search of all your posts as the explanation.

I admit it, in fact I shout it from the roof tops. Now will you please go away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

I have been banned for a month now. I was banned for role-playing with myself and insulting a made up boards member. I insulted no one on the forum, rather it was an attack on blind Celtic fans who fail to give Rangers credit. Plus I have a few opinions I want to voice.

Opinions? On Soccer? I can see the thread titles now

"Would Timothy McVeigh have been a better manager than Stan?"

"Rename Landsdowne the McVeigh Memorial Park?"

"For the duration of Croker, rebrand Hill 16 as McVeigh Hill?"

, I warned you to stop, you ignored my warning, I banned you. You knew the ban would be perm yet you continued anyway..

I recieved no warning before the Ban. How did you warn me?

He mentioned it to YOUR MA.

I posted on the thread.

Its a perfectly accepted place to give a warning and common practice in most forums.

You know, I think you've lost some of your trolling powers since you were banned from soccer, you're not nearly as good at the lying **** stirring today as you usually are.

Either that, or Boston really got to you.

I posted on the thread.

Its a perfectly accepted place to give a warning and common practice in most forums.

Where on the thread did you post. was it in a new post or an edit of an existing post.

Do you read back all your posts in a thread before you make a new post?

I didn't get any warning either by pm or in a new post on the thread in question. I didn't expect one because I was not breaking any rules as you have admitted on this thread.

I'm pretty sure I actually banned you. I warned you and you definitely read it because you replied to the warning.

I'm pretty sure I actually banned you. I warned you and you definitely read it because you replied to the warning.

No ecksor, PSI banned me. You never banned me, the pm is still in my inbox if you want to look.

They say fish oils are good.

Why argue when you can both be right. Press the button, you know you want to, its big and red.

Where on the thread did you post. was it in a new post or an edit of an existing post.

Do you read back all your posts in a thread before you make a new post?

I didn't get any warning either by pm or in a new post on the thread in question. I didn't expect one because I was not breaking any rules as you have admitted on this thread.

I can't recall, you can go search if you like. I think I warned you in an edit, the main issue I took is that even though I'd edited out the name you used, you continued to use it, you even quoted my edit in one of your posts, so you knew what you were doing.

• Advertisement

I can't recall, you can go search if you like. I think I warned you in an edit, the main issue I took is that even though I'd edited out the name you used, you continued to use it, you even quoted my edit in one of your posts, so you knew what you were doing.

That's wrong. I was not aware of any warning before I recieved the ban. Surely if you are going to warn a user you should either do it by PM or in a new post on the thread to ensure that they see it. Back editing a post is no way to issue a warning as it is unlikely to be seen by the intended target. I was not aware that you had edited my posts until after the ban, I then looked back at my posts to see why .

Advertisement