Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tagus

Options
  • 31-10-2007 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

I want to get my tagus pierced but I have a job and Im not allowed have it in. Could I get it done, not go into work for 2 or 3 weeks ( I work when I want) and just take it out while Im at work and then put it back when I get home?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

where do you work that you cant have it? I never had any trouble with mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Dromoland, 5 star hotel in clare. Id never get away with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Not a chance. Tragus piercings take a lot more than 2-3 weeks to heal. As for taking them out, mine start closing after five minutes and they're almost 5 years old... sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i've never actually tried taking mine out, but i find that taking piercings in and out all the time, you end up losing them, or forgetting to put them back in, not to mention the increased risk of infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Jay P wrote: »
    Dromoland, 5 star hotel in clare. Id never get away with it
    serious? I worked in a 4 star hotel all summer, had my hair pretty unusually styled and coloured, as well as tongue piercing, and getting my tragus done while there and never had any trouble...

But yeah they take a lot longer than 2-3 weeks to heal, and it depends on your body whether or not you'll be able to take it out for long, some people can take out piercings for ages and they don't close, some start closing after a few mins...And as narco said, taking piercings in and out has it's problems, not only could you lose bits or forget them but you'll irritate the piercing and it could end up infected or rejecting etc...

If you just get the bar as opposed to the ring I really don't think they're that noticable at all...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 coffinfeeder

iv had mine pierced with 7 years and even now if i left it out for a day getting the ring back in cant be tricky and sometimes painful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

mine closed up within a few hours,i had to shove the ring back through them and re open them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

mine fell out one night and when i tried to get it back in the mornin it just wasnt happenin!!! so yea........it might just close up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheBlondeOne

You shouldn't take out a tragus for at least 8 weeks and even at that it's only for a quick/clean change of jewellery. I (as a piercer) advise you just don't get it done. Sorry. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Oh crap it anyhoo, cheers anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement