Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

With the night thats in it.....

• 31-10-2007 5:53pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We all know the usual scumbags get kicks out of torturing poor defenseless animals.

Keep em all safe!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,484 ✭✭✭✭Alun

My two cats are in and will stay in until tomorrow, despite any protestations on their behalf. Mind you, they'll probably be cowering under the bed once the fireworks begin, although it's been uncannily quiet here this year .. not a bang all day so far :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

My dog is nervous at the best of times and is really manic at this time of year. Last year I got calming tablets from the vet for her. They did the job, but she was still fairly zonked out the next day. I decided against them this year. So at the moment she is in her favourite place with the tele BLARING !!. So far so good.

I echo Hellrazer's plea to keep your pets safe ( though I know it's preaching to the converted on this forum :) ).

Hope there are no reports of cruelity to animals on the news tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

It has been quiet so far alright. Looks like the Guards are doing more of a crackdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

It has been quiet so far alright. Looks like the Guards are doing more of a crackdown.

I dont know where everyone else is but I feel like im in a war zone at the moment with all the noise outside! Thankfully my cats are just listening with curiousity and then back to making mischief :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

My two cats are curled up on the couch asleep. ;) The kitten was a bit rattled earlier but seems to be fine now. /me touches wood. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Unusually quiet this year - and no month-long run up of bangers going off either thankfully.
    Our cat has been kept indoors for the past 2 days (just in case, even though we now live in an area where that sort of stuff doesn't usually happen, you never know, it only takes one scumbag) but one of our two dogs (also kept indoors the past two days) is barking at every bang, and keeps running to the door to see if the bangs are someone at the door. Gah! Oh well, nearly over thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Fireworks aren't too big in this part of the US for Halloween (I am thankful). Hope everyones pets stay safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

Most of my cats are fine, locked up in the lean-to, just fell asleep but one is pretty upset at being locked up because she is an outdoor cat and nervous at the best of times. She was the same last year and then changed her mind and decided she actually liked the lean-to and we couldn't get her out of it for the next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I'm always anxious around this time of year, just in case something happens to my cat.
    She was kinda nervous last night...but settled down eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ours were mad about being kept in. And kept opening the bedroom door to protest. I'm about to fall asleep at my desk. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Our dog doesn't mind the fireworks, but he's stone deaf anyway.

Our other dog used to bark and stand at the patio door wagging his tail when fireworks went off in the distance. He wanted to go out and investigate.

The cats both turned up for breakfast this morning, but they didn't go out until around 12.30am last night and the fireworks had finished

Advertisement