Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

German National Day of Mourning

• 31-10-2007 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭

I thought I just let those who are interested know that the German National Day of Mourning (Volkstrauertag) falls this year on Sunday, 18th of November.

A wreath-laying ceremony for the victims (all sides, military or civilian) of both World Wars will be held on that day at the German Military Cemetery in Glencree, Co. Wicklow. It will start in the Glencree Centre for Reconciliation, which is just across the road from the cemetery, in the church with an ecumenical service followed by wreath-laying ceremony at the Hall of Memory on the cemetery. The German Embassy organises this event every year together with the Glencree Centre for Reconciliation. The German War Graves Commission also takes part and lays a wreath as well as the British Legion and any private or public person who choose to do so.

A talk will follow the ceremony in the Centre.

The whole event starts at 11.30 am and usually takes approximately 2-3 hours.

For more information on the cemetery and events you can always contact me.

Best,

Preusse

PS: Permanent and reserve military, gardai, civil defence, fire-fighters etc. are welcome to attend in full dress uniform.

Advertisement