Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carling Cup 31/10

• 31-10-2007 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Arsenal 1 up Eduardo screamer.

Sheff utd tried to bully them for a bit, god bless those little arsenal players.

Arsenal

* 21 Fabianski
    * 31 Hoyte
    * 17 Song Billong
    * 08 Diarra
    * 34 Gibbs
    * 02 Diaby
    * 15 Denilson
    * 19 Silva
    * 32 Walcott
    * 26 Bendtner
    * 09 Eduardo

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea losing 1-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Arsenal could end this game in the next few minutes.

Like a 7 a side for them.

kdjac

Chelsea pull it back, coulda been a funny result for Grant

2-0 arsenal

Eduardo again, fairly handy for them and another nice finish.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Robbie Keane can score for Spurs, but yet plays like an Eircom League player when he lines out for Ireland.

What gives?

• Advertisement

Robbie Keane can score for Spurs, but yet plays like an Eircom League player when he lines out for Ireland.

What gives?

No Eircom league player has lined out for Ireland if they did they would at least try.

I guess its the fact hes surrounded by **** championship players or overrated irish* PL players.

Walcott skips by the keeper and misses an open goal from this >..< much out, was actually harder to hit the post.

kdjac

3-0 Denilson

terrible goalkeeping lobbed with a defender in front of the shooter.

jaysus Sheff utd are really really really ****e.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

liverpool 1 up.

Sounds like a rocket from El Zhar. This kid has really looked impressive whenever i've seen him. Might get a chance in the first team again soon, especially with Pennant a long term casualty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chelsea 2 - 3 Leicester

Mike.

Just heard the scorers for leicester, Carl cort and Campbell. Is that the Campbell of the Deadly DJ variety who seems to love playing bigger teams in cups?

• Advertisement

cardiff equalize.

kdjac

Angela Lansburys nephew comes on for arsenal. if he writes murder he wrote about sheff utd it wouldnt go amiss.

may not be true

kdjac

Pool straight back ahead

Looks like United won't be the only top team not playing in the 5th round, this is hilarious stuff. Chelsea losing to Leicster with a pretty strong team!

Spoke too soon for Liverpool but Chelsea still looking like going out!

C'mon Everton, I've got a double with Arsenal riding on you.

Mike.

ps I feel durty now.

KdjaCL wrote:
    Angela Lansburys nephew comes on for arsenal. if he writes murder he wrote about sheff utd it wouldnt go amiss.

may not be true

kdjac

Im watching Arsenal on a delayed stream and when i saw the lad getting ready to come on for Theo i was just thinking "yeah i suppose he does kinda look a bit like her, with the hair and all", and then the names came up for the switch and i swear i think i pee'd a little.

<Edit>

Oh, its game over at Anfield, Harry "The Hitman" Kewell is on the pitch now. Expect Fireworks!

...that or he'll get injured and be out till around mid-May.

Shevchenko equaliser.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

PHB wrote: »
    Looks like United won't be the only top team not playing in the 5th round, this is hilarious stuff. Chelsea losing to Leicster with a pretty strong team!

Spoke too soon for Liverpool but Chelsea still looking like going out!
    hey shut up mush!!! :p Come ooooonnnn Leicester!

edit:

GODDAMMIT PHB!!! :mad:

lol :) Shevchenko of all people finds the net, gee, he's beginning to find some sort of form now. Is there replays in this, or is it just straight to extra time then penos. If it goes to extra time, my moneys on Essien scoring :)

arsenal over 3-0 a load of arsenal fans at the game fair balls to them tbh.

They go into ET and penos afaik.

Sheff utd are crap, pats would have done better than that, pathetic performance from professionals :eek:

kdjac

• Advertisement

2137: Luton and Everton will play a further 30 minutes after ending the 90 at 0-0.

yup ET

kdjac

Chelsea 4 - 3 Leicester

Mike.

sigh.

typical.

PHB I blame you, Jinxey McJinxerson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Bloody sure enough.....

Shevchenko again

This is the best part of any coach's job..... PHB, you're cut.

Yeh fair enough, I accept that. This bloody better not be a return to form of Shevchenko, if he starts playing well, Chelsea for the league isn't a bad bet

Yeh fair enough, I accept that. This bloody better not be a return to form of Shevchenko, if he starts playing well, Chelsea for the league isn't a bad bet

they conceded 3 to leicester.

kdjac

Elano scored peno for City.

Pompey 1-2 Blackburn

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

KdjaCL wrote: »
    No Eircom league player has lined out for Ireland if they did they would at least try.
    kdjac

Glen Crowe, Jason Byrne and I'm sure there's a few more?

(I don't follow Irish Pub Football)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Apparantly Shevchenko has been paying Darren Campbell out of his own pocket to try and make the most of his pace.

• Advertisement

zabbo wrote: »
    Glen Crowe, Jason Byrne and I'm sure there's a few more?

ohhh 2 freindly apps in which they got a few minutes each! I bet your an ireland fan as there isnt a few more!

(I don't follow Irish Pub Football)

What football do you follow?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Roman wanted exciting football at Chelsea.

Looks like he got his wish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

KdjaCL wrote: »
    ohhh 2 freindly apps in which they got a few minutes each! I bet your an ireland fan as there isnt a few more!

kdjac

yeah, I'm the guy who shushs anyone trying to sing at home games too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

eirebhoy wrote:
    Apparantly Shevchenko has been paying Darren Campbell out of his own pocket to try and make the most of his pace.
    Yeh seen it in the commuter papers, Darren Campbell saying Shevechenko ringing him personally at the weekend to thank him for these extra sprint lessons which is helping his game apparently. Avram mentioned it too.

yeah, I'm the guy who shushs anyone trying to sing at home games too ;)

you leave the house :eek:

But shouting at the tv and posting <ireland manager> out on the internet is far more befitting.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Im glad that Shev seems to be finding form again, but conceding 3 goals at home to a strugling championship side is worrying ??

was it a strong Chelsea team ??

• Advertisement

Well it's much tougher to be solid defensively when you are playing attacking football, also their strength in depth in defence isn't that great as we all knew.

Well it's much tougher to be solid defensively when you are playing attacking football, also their strength in depth in defence isn't that great as we all knew.

How do you explain man utd and arsenal then?

they seem to manage it by not letting the other team have the ball, or if they do having 2 banks of 4 between them and goal.

lol dj campbell scored
    lol x 2 so did Carl Cort :D

kdjac

Very simply, they have better defenders.
    Chelsea and Liverpools defensive style of play make you think their defenders are better than they actually are.

When United or Arsenal do lose the ball, the back 6 will work incredibly hard to get the ball back, and in big games, nearly all of the team will.

Very simply, they have better defenders.
    Chelsea and Liverpools defensive style of play make you think their defenders are better than they actually are.

When United or Arsenal do lose the ball, the back 6 will work incredibly hard to get the ball back, and in big games, nearly all of the team will.

Do you insuate that that playing a player in front of the back four whose sole game is to protect works in a negative side, but if you dont play that kind of player with over rated defenders who cant handle fast attacking breaks that the defence is left exposed as its not good enough to defend as a unit and relies on the player in front of the back four to break up any attacks!!!!

PHB thats blaspehmous :p

kdjac

:P Ivan Helguara was considered one of the best, if not the best CB in the world for quite some time. I'll give you one guess which DMC was playing in front of him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Leicester scored twice after Ferreira went off injured. Chelseas back four was Belletti, Alex, Ben-Haim and Malouda with Cudicini in goal and no DMC on the pitch.
    Very sloppy defending tonight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

:P Ivan Helguara was considered one of the best, if not the best CB in the world for quite some time. I'll give you one guess which DMC was playing in front of him.

apparently the season makelele left Real Madrid they conceded three times the amounf of goals they had the previous season. and the cheap ba$tard$ wouldnt pay him more the 10,000 a week, well as far as i can remember

btw i presume thats who you were talking about?

Yep :)
    Quierez took over that season and apparently pretty much begged Calderon (or the president, I think it was him) to keep him, but Calderon didn't think a defensive midfielder should be a galactico.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

John Terry = the new Ivan Helgura

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

well JT does do ok for England too, but I have lost a lot of respect for him after the Mourinho debacle...

Terry doesn't play anywhere near as well for England as he does for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Shevchenko only scored 1 goal tonight. Lampard got the winner...it was his hat-trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Yep :)
    Quierez took over that season and apparently pretty much begged Calderon (or the president, I think it was him) to keep him, but Calderon didn't think a defensive midfielder should be a galactico.
    Florentino Pérez was their president then, not Calderón. He said £10m was a bargain for a player who couldn't pass, shoot or head the ball. Still can't believe he sacked Del Bosque for Quieroz that year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

kinaldo wrote: »
    Florentino Pérez was their president then, not Calderón. He said £10m was a bargain for a player who couldn't pass, shoot or head the ball. Still can't believe he sacked Del Bosque for Quieroz that year.

Del Bosques contract ran out and they inexplicably didn't renew it, offering him a directors role instead. Del Bosque understandably walked...and as you say a few months later Quieroz took over for one ill fated season. He couldn't believe what a circus he'd walked into and returned to Utd with his tail between his legs:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Yeah, sacked or not renewed, same difference imo. Two CL titles, two La Liga titles, and a few more Supercup type trophies in four seasons... whatever made Pérez think he wasn't the right man!? I think he was the most successful manager in the club's history. And he had them playing fantasy football like stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement