Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carling Cup 31/10

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Good win for City, though it does come at a huge price with Micah being stretchered off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Good win for City, though it does come at a huge price with Micah being stretchered off.
    Well at least he can now say he was injured rather than dropped (from my Mañanas that is).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

kinaldo wrote: »
    Well at least he can now say he was injured rather than dropped (from my Mañanas that is).

Yeah but I've already lost Torres and don't wanna have to make two transfers for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

If you look at the goals conceded, two came from set pieces,they have nothing to do with how attacking your side is.Chelsea werent exactly caught out on the counter attack,personally I think Cudicini,being suspect in the air,is to blame mostly.

With Chelseas best line up out in the recent games with Grant in charge we have seen mostly clean sheets.Carvalho in particular has been immense.

Also regarding Shevchenko,the new attacking system suits Sheva much better than Mourinhos did,he's being slid through balls now,like at Milan, rather than taking knock downs from Drogba etc.And he looks sharp too,which will only improve, especially if he keeps scoring.We could certainly see a return to form for Sheva under the new regime

Also does anyone think Lampard has been told to take less shots from outside the box?It certainly seems so and he has been passing brilliantly lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I do think Carvalho is one, if not the, best defender in the world, he is utterly immense. I mean the distinct lack of quality in RB that Chelsea suffer from, and an over-rated Terry. Carvalho is their best defender. IMO Gallas-Carvalho would have been their best partnership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

I would certainly agree regarding Carvalho, but I can't say I agree with the rest of your post.I haven't seen enough of Belletti to make a judgement but most Chelsea fans I know are pretty happy with him.Ferreira has also returned to form lately,he was up there with Lampard for man of the match against city,and out of position too.On form,he's world class imo.

As for Terry, he's definately not playing well lately, nothing like his form in Mourinhos first two seasons, where he was fantastic.Of course any defender would benefit from having Makelele in front of them but he was different class in the 05/06 season.

I think he has been playing through pain too often and its caught up with him, perhaps we'll see a return to form like Lampard after coming back from injuries.I've been pretty happy with Alex so far tbh, considering he is still settling in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Anam wrote: »
    If you look at the goals conceded, two came from set pieces,they have nothing to do with how attacking your side is.Chelsea werent exactly caught out on the counter attack,personally I think Cudicini,being suspect in the air,is to blame mostly.
    Every manager and coaching staff in the world will have their team defending set pieces differently and it'll take more than a couple of weeks for the players to get used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Did Lamps score 2 or 3 last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The SportingLife updates last night had it down as 2 for lamps and 2 for sheva, but Sky Sports have it as 3 for lampard. Haven't seen the goals so dont know for sure, but given that the Skysports article came after, id go with 3 for lampard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement