Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westlink tollbridge

• 31-10-2007 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can find info about the design of the bridge, specifically the foundations under the piers? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Anyone know where I can find info about the design of the bridge, specifically the foundations under the piers? Thanks

That could be tricky. Dublin City Council may have blueprints of the bridge. Some structures are possible to get drawings for but not sure bout the bridge.

Will also cost few quid to get the drawings if they have them but to be honest could be hard to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Yeah actually it hadn't occurred to me that they might make such things relatively inaccessible. There goes my terrorist plot....:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Yeah actually it hadn't occurred to me that they might make such things relatively inaccessible. There goes my terrorist plot....:)

Get the planning file. Might have some info.

What about freedom of information? If its held by a public body cant you obtain it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

First thing is to go to NTR (the project commissioner) and explain who/what you are and what you are seeking and why you'd like to have it. Your story must be bona fide. Thy'll tell you who the main contractors were.
    When ever a larger project is done there is often a paper presented to either IEI Clyde Road or maybe as UCD or Trinity Eng school seminar.
    This presentation might well involve slides and videos as well as the drawings with the paper text.
    It's quite likely that the data from these presentations/papers still exist.
    Check back issues of the IEI journal.

There must have been an involvement of a consulting engineer firm in this job, as it was one of the first of its kind. Someone like Ove Arup.
    If NTR approve your nosing around they may refer you to the consultant who specified the pier foundations.

Advertisement