Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

boost.......

Options
  • 31-10-2007 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

hi, i bought a s14a silvia yesterday, i was wondering what is the standard boost for these? there is a boost gauge and its reading about 0.3,0.4 bar. there is also a blitz digital boost controller installed which i dont know how to opereate cause theres no manual, would there be a manual online i could download? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

for the S 14 the standard boost is .72 BAR
    The S15 has 0.9 BAR but thats japaneese ratings, id say in europe with lesser fuel quality its more like 0.5 BAR

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

its reading around .4 bar on the gauge and the controller, it still feels very quick though, it can be turned up to 1 bar but i dont know, anyone know anything about the blitz sbc boost controller? any manual online? thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Google the boost controller model number and manual [model number + manual] and see what you turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Dont get trigger happy and just whack up the boost unless the cars able to handle it,chances are if its set what its at its for a good reason,id be wary of turning up the boost unless you know there's sufficent mods ect inplace and that the engine can handle it

there is, front mount, larger injectors, z32 airflow meter, remapped ecu etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

monster1 wrote: »
    there is, front mount, larger injectors, z32 airflow meter, remapped ecu etc

whats the ecu mapped for?what type of ecu is in it?
    there is no way of telling your car can handle the extra boost without AFR (ai fuel ratios)

and they have to be set up using a wide band lambda sensor used by the dyno tuners, ie. johnny in Ai autosport, martin in westward, Robbie in Trackday performance etc etc

talk to one of these guys first to see what ecu is in the car then get it checked by them to see what can be done.

if its a mapped ecu then its very strange that its running only 0.4 bar, worryingly strange imo

my last evo was mapped for 95 ron by Ai and running 1.6 bar all day long :D

my advice would be to get it checked out on the dyno, martin tracey or similar and see if everything is ok. if its an apexi power fc in it then the guys can have a play around with it while its on the dyno to see if thye map can be tweeked to extract some more power.

ok, its actually mapped for 100 octane! have to get new management, what do you recommend? apexi power fc?how much for this ecu? and how much would it cost to install and setup?
    also one of the coolant pipes for the turbo cracked, i removed it, (which wasant easy!) where is the return coolant pipe located? any pic forr me to work off? i ordered a set of braided coolant lines. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

http://www.sxoc.co.uk

join the forums there, you'll find everything you need to know

ok, its actually mapped for 100 octane! have to get new management, what do you recommend? apexi power fc?how much for this ecu? and how much would it cost to install and setup?
    also one of the coolant pipes for the turbo cracked, i removed it, (which wasant easy!) where is the return coolant pipe located? any pic forr me to work off? i ordered a set of braided coolant lines. thanks.

you need to get the car to a decent tuner imo

it needs a good look over, and ecu set up.
    power fc should be approx 1200-1500 euro supplied and fitted and mapped.

1200-1500 euro? thats a lot of money which i dont have at the moment, i seen the power fc on egay for around £420, could i fit it myself, then get it set up? its only running .4bar, there is no pinking or knocks or anything when driving

• Advertisement

1200-1500 euro? thats a lot of money which i dont have at the moment, i seen the power fc on egay for around £420, could i fit it myself, then get it set up? its only running .4bar, there is no pinking or knocks or anything when driving

420 sterling = 630 euro, then fitting and mapping will be about 300-400 max i would say at a guess.

no you cant fit it yourself as when its fitted, the car is not mapped and wouldnt be safe to drive.

Advertisement