Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten vet costs?

Options
  • 31-10-2007 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I'm picking up my new Kitten next week and wondering if anyone knows what vaccinations she needs and how much these plus spaying usually costs(Dublin City)?
    Also I dont know how long to keep her indoors or to try make her a house cat altogether.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hiya, you're so lucky, I'd love a kitten but I dont think the two moggies I have would be too happy!! Firstly, the vet will tell you what shots she needs, she gets the original one and then a booster every year. They are really important so make sure you get it done, as far as i remember it was €40 - €60 for my ones to be done, this was in one of the vets in tallaght. As for spaying or neutering, they say 6 months is the average age, dont listen!!! It depends on the cat, I could have ended up with kittens because of this general idea! I have a boy and a girl and at only 4 months noticed some "inappropriate" behaviour, straight up to the vet to get fixed :) he said it's unusual at this age but can happen.

If you are in a built up area I'd say try keep her as a house cat, it's much safer for her, but if you cant, then get her chipped and keep her in for at least 1 month (depending on her age). Dont let a kitten out alone ever, the first few times you bring her out stay with her all the time, After a while, if you have a back garden, leave the back door open for her in the evenings while you sit in the kitchen, she can see you, you can see her but you're both still able to get on with what you are doing. The first time you do this make sure she's hungry, and she trusts you enough to come back when you call for her (or bang her dinner plate :D )

Advertisement