Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alternative Renault Repair? Official Dealer Quoted Ripoff Price

Options
  • 31-10-2007 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    A freind of mine needs some simple repairs for her car - a megane.

The official dealer in d18 is looking for an unbelievable 800 quid to apparently "fix the brakes and 2 ball bearings". Unfortunately she is not very mechanicially minded so didnt really get details on what exactly the problem is.

Anyway, thats a ridiculous amount as far as I can see, reckon they saw her coming and plucked a figure out of the air.

Can anyone recommend a good non official mechanic in dublin, preferably near the green line luas?

Thanks,
    Jackal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

AC Cars are near-ish to the Harcourt line (if that's the green line).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

if u think thats bad
    the grey carpet in the boot of my Boxster needed to be changed
    700 euro !!!!!!!
    ebay 150 !!
    any mechnic should be able to sort you do you know anybody thru family etc
    if your stuck mail me and i will give u the name of my guy
    who does services for me and Family for the past 15 years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

jackal wrote: »
    Hey,
    A freind of mine needs some simple repairs for her car - a megane.

The official dealer in d18 is looking for an unbelievable 800 quid to apparently "fix the brakes and 2 ball bearings". Unfortunately she is not very mechanicially minded so didnt really get details on what exactly the problem is.

Anyway, thats a ridiculous amount as far as I can see, reckon they saw her coming and plucked a figure out of the air.

Can anyone recommend a good non official mechanic in dublin, preferably near the green line luas?

Thanks,
    Jackal.

Sandyford/Stillorgan?? I had an experience with them a few years back. I got a bill of 600Euro for a 30K service on a seat leon that i had bought from them 9 months previous. The seat garage i went to for its next service saw the receipt and framed it, i kid you not!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

omega man wrote: »
    Sandyford/Stillorgan?? I had an experience with them a few years back. I got a bill of 600Euro for a 30K service on a seat leon that i had bought from them 9 months previous. The seat garage i went to for its next service saw the receipt and framed it, i kid you not!

Yep, thats the one! Seems like they are not shy about their margins.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Ace are doing it for 500 vs Renault's quote of 800. Result, cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement