Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does the adjustable floor mean

• 31-10-2007 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

It says UL has an adjustable pool floor. is this possible?? can its depth be lowered and raised??? how???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah the dept can be lowered by some machine thing underneath the pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Yup the pool can have a shallow end of 0.5m up to 2 or 3 metres. There is a sign on the wall that says what depth the pool is at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Lots of pools have that feature, they're just not located in Ireland. It's also nothing new. Many public pools have had these type of features for over a decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I see that they increase the depth of the UL pool when the diving and kayak people are there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

they must need to keep a massive tank somewhere then to compensate when it is deepened. does it take long to change levels? i would like to know how that works. Its very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

I'd imagine there is the same amount of water in the pool all the time and the floor is just in the middle of the tank of water, that way the floor isn't actually holding up the water and doesn't have to be sealed, it's just permeable and moves up and down inside the pool.

|............................................................|
    |
    |............................/...............H..............|
    |.........................../................H..............|
    |________________/___________H_________|

My excellent draing showing the movable floor in the shallow end (dashed line) the Hydaulic's used to move it (the H) and then the tank that is the pool, filled with water (the dots). I think the deep end is a fixed depth in that pool, but I could be wrong.

BTW I could be wrong about the whole thing, that's just my guess on how it works !!!
    Please tell me I'm right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

thats what i was thinking. otherwise it would be a great ordeal of trouble to run and maintain if it had to be pumped in and out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

spideog7 wrote: »
    I'd imagine there is the same amount of water in the pool all the time and the floor is just in the middle of the tank of water, that way the floor isn't actually holding up the water and doesn't have to be sealed, it's just permeable and moves up and down inside the pool.

|
    |............................/...............H..............|
    |.........................../................H..............|
    |________________/___________H_________|

My excellent draing showing the movable floor in the shallow end (dashed line) the Hydaulic's used to move it (the H) and then the tank that is the pool, filled with water (the dots). I think the deep end is a fixed depth in that pool, but I could be wrong.

BTW I could be wrong about the whole thing, that's just my guess on how it works !!!
    Please tell me I'm right :D

I vaguely recollect Dave Maheny explaining this to a tour group once I was bringing around on class reunions and I think his explanation is pretty much as good as yours. Well done, btw! And easy know it's week 9 with plenty of work to be done and choosing any option for procrastination :D

Advertisement