Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting rid of tatoo

Options
  • 31-10-2007 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Where is best place to get rid of a tatoo.

I have a totoo that i dont like, top of my arm it looks crap I want to get it removed and get one in a place thats less visible?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Removal is costly and doesnt work 100% of the time. Maybe opt for a cover up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

you can do it at home on the cheap

200708101345-pix1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

:D Jaysus Wilburt! Lol! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BoB the 7th

If u hv a copy of the Dublin Golden Pages. Then these a company in there that does it. Apparently it's more painful than the tat2. And 4 times as exp. And leaves u with an ugly scar... But GL with ur choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 aibby

Well I definately would not want a scar, maybe I should just learn to love again.

Is it really more painful and expensive???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

If you have a copy of the Dublin Golden Pages, then there's a company in there that does it. Apparently it's more painful than the tattoo. And four times as expensive and leaves you with an ugly scar... But good luck with your choice.

fix'd.

narco wrote: »
    fix'd.
    That's Me... BoB i'll Fix It.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Does Tattoo Removal Hurt and What Can I Expect?
    The unfortunate thing about tattoos is that both getting them and having them taken off can be uncomfortable. The impact of the energy from the laser's powerful pulse of light has been described as similar to getting hot specks of bacon grease on your skin or being snapped by a thin rubber band. (Compare these descriptions to those of how it feels to get a tattoo in How Tattoos Work.) Because black pigment absorbs all laser wavelengths, it's the easiest to remove. Other colors, such as green, selectively absorb laser light and can only be treated by selected lasers based on the pigment color.

How Much Does It Cost to Remove a Tattoo?

Something to think about BEFORE you get that tattoo is the fact that having a tattoo removed is much more expensive than having one put on. Laser tattoo removal can range from several hundred dollars up into the thousands of dollars, depending upon the size, type and location of the tattoo and the number of visits required.

From here.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

there is a place in baggot street that do laser tattoo removal.

havent a clue if its any good. they say only some colours go completely

http://www.laserasedublin.com/tatoo_removal.asp theres the site, it goes through everything

i still think my idea is the cheapest and best, will hurt the most too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Drop into Metal Morphosis in Temple Bar. They do tattoo removal where they tattoo dots of a substance which scabs up and the ink goes up into the scab and falls out naturally.

I've had one session so far (keep not getting around to booking the second and, hopefully, final session). There's some info on www.metalmorphosis.co.uk

It hurts, a good bit. As it's not like getting a tattoo, it's putting dots on instead of dragging the needle around the skin, as it's not a constant thing it stops and starts.

BUT it may work out cheaper (and probably has less of a chance of scarring according to the website) and it doesn't matter about colour (I believe it's harder to remove reds or something with laser surgery).

It was Elaine that did my first session, believe she's since left but I think there's someone new doing it (or at least I hope so... don't want to have half a tattoo for the rest of my life...)

steveland? wrote: »
    Drop into Metal Morphosis in Temple Bar. They do tattoo removal where they tattoo dots of a substance which scabs up and the ink goes up into the scab and falls out naturally.

I've had one session so far (keep not getting around to booking the second and, hopefully, final session). There's some info on www.metalmorphosis.co.uk

It hurts, a good bit. As it's not like getting a tattoo, it's putting dots on instead of dragging the needle around the skin, as it's not a constant thing it stops and starts.

BUT it may work out cheaper (and probably has less of a chance of scarring according to the website) and it doesn't matter about colour (I believe it's harder to remove reds or something with laser surgery).

It was Elaine that did my first session, believe she's since left but I think there's someone new doing it (or at least I hope so... don't want to have half a tattoo for the rest of my life...)
    That sounds easy enough. How much was ur session? How long did it last? Can u post pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

That sounds easy enough. How much was ur session? How long did it last? Can u post pics?
    It was e100 for the first session and lasted about 20 minutes.

It all depends on the size of the tattoo, if it's fully coloured in or just an outline etc, etc.

If you drop into them they may be able to do a consultation there and then and make an appointment to do a session.

No pics cos I'm not quite proud of the tattoo and just want rid of the thing... There's pictures on the site as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Steve,

How are you getting on with this type of tattoo removal??

I would be very intersted about the results??

I have a 2.5" tattoo on my left should blade which I would love to go back in time and NOT GET !! I hate the design and location of it.

I have two other tatt's which I love but they are in places which i can cover up very easy or show off if I wanted...

What are people's opinion on this type of tattoo removal?? Any other advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

steveland? wrote: »

whats the substance??????i want to get some of my tat removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xefahx

haha wilberts hilarious my aunt got a tattoo of a rose on her ankle for her 50th as a present from her husband and it got infected and it turned into a weed on her Cankle (calf and ankle-ie she had whopper legs lol) and she was outa work for ages so it was **** basicly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 armageddon_pony

i cant get tattoo removal outta my mind..
    i wanna get rid off some off my knuckles to get them done again with muhc much bigger lettering..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

i cant get tattoo removal outta my mind..
    i wanna get rid off some off my knuckles to get them done again with muhc much bigger lettering..
    i just saw your pics i love the wolf.You want to remove the ones of ye knuckles i cant see anything wrong with them.Ilike the lettering tats but what you not like about them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 armageddon_pony

Thanks dude!
    but the lettering is way too small and i wanna get bit different typography..
    still LOVE HATE thing.. but diff font and much bigger

one option is to get the tattoo lightened with some laser treatment, just enough so you will be able to get it redone the way you want.
    another possible way is to go talk to a tattoo artist and see if they can just go over it as is? if you used bolder fonts like a new school type im sure you could get away with it. most fonts follow the general flow of the letters. maybe go chat with some artist see what ya can come up with.
    will be cheaper in the long run if it works out

• Advertisement
Advertisement