Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hd dvd player

• 31-10-2007 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Hi going to Usa on Friday and was wondering if I buy anxbox hddvd player would there be any disadvantage in buying it stateside ..ie willl it work with my Irish xbox360 without too much hassle ..region coded disc's etc any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

ALS wrote: »
    Hi going to Usa on Friday and was wondering if I buy anxbox hddvd player would there be any disadvantage in buying it stateside ..ie willl it work with my Irish xbox360 without too much hassle ..region coded disc's etc any help greatly appreciated

Currently all HD-DVDs are region free, so shouldn't be a problem playing them, and the HD-DVD player takes its region coding from the 360 itself, so it will play R2 DVDs but not R1.
    There are some great deals in the States for it (e.g. S1 of Heroes free+ 2 others) but the only downside I can see would be trying to get the 5 free HD-DVDs shipped to an Irish address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭ALS

thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

im only back from LA 2 weeks and did the same as you. i already have the Hd add on so i was just looking for HD dvds but found the selection crap.

i was back then they released Transformers though!

i think Anchorman will be released on friday im not sure. If your going to LA there aint much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got it on Tuesday from States, Transformers, 300 and King Kong, it looks stunning, not probs so far, just get a convertor plug...

While your over there, I got Bioshock, PGR4, Orange Box, All region free, and all the periphals are region free aswell....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

if yer running yer 360 in 720p or 1080i does the regioning on the games: PAL, NTSC U/C/J still effect whether they will run on yer 360 or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Scruff wrote: »
    if yer running yer 360 in 720p or 1080i does the regioning on the games: PAL, NTSC U/C/J still effect whether they will run on yer 360 or not?

Yes,

Certain games are region free while some are not.

This is not affected by what Resolution you have your 360 set at.

Try the link below for what games are Region Free, there are better lists that are more complete if you google

http://egamia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

yeah ive got a mate headin to the states this month, mite get him to pick one up for me.

any more info on getting the 5 free dvds shipped to ireland???

Advertisement