Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on selling books on advets.ie

Options
  • 31-10-2007 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭

what is considered a fair price to sell books second hand that are in good/excellent condition. half price, 3/4 price etc?

i have seen books going for more than the prices quoted for new books on amazon

need some advice as i have a good few to sell but want to be fair about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Generally, when I sell books on adverts.ie I sell paperbacks for €5 and hardbacks for €7 - €12 . the only reasoning I have for this is that people can go to chapters and pick them up for pretty much that price.

However, one option for you would be to set an asking price that you want and then make it clear that the rpice is a guide only and is negotiable.

This isnt really a literature forum post so I'll lock it tomorrow. hope you get some more replies before then. (I'll be keeping an eye out for your advertisement as well :D )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

1/10th price please. ;)
    Any fantasy ones for sale?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement