Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so how was halloween in sligo

Options
  • 31-10-2007 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

quieter that i expected, bangers and streamers going off for a few hours, still the odd one now, dont hear any knocks at the door tbh, dont hear any eggs bouching of the window, went quite well

how was everyone elses experience

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Yeah pretty much the same.
    It didn't really feel like Halloween on my street.
    Very few Trick or Treaters but that meant more sweets for me :D
    Didn't hear many bangers or anything either.
    No throwing eggs, no shaving foam and flour fights.
    No guards pacing the area this year either.
    It was weird.
    Can't believe it's over, it just felt like a normal day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Jesus where do ye live?

My place was the usual war zone!

I hate halloween!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Around cranmore was like Baghdad:eek: Gardai were patrolling the town and standing at every dodge corner in town but didnt seem to be doing much except talking to each other...they were always in groups of 3:confused:
    Apart from that it seemed like a normal night.

Gillie wrote: »
    Jesus where do ye live?

My place was the usual war zone!

I hate halloween!

Haha

Well I am from Cartron and usually it is a war zone.
    I miss it now that it's gone so quiet. It just wasn't Halloween without all the usual crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

We only got 1 group of young 'monsters' to the door!
    I think there wasn't as much bangers or fireworks as other years, seemed to definitely be quieter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I saw guards out but they didn't seem to be doing much (what's new:rolleyes:). I thought it was pretty noisy, but it was breezy so the noise probably didn't travel as far. Some of those people with fireworks are old enough to know better. Saw guys nearly twenty years of age throwing fireworks at cars. Idiots.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My parents got quite a few trick or treaters. I came back hoping for some of the sweets to be left but not a thing in sight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

I see Sligo was outdone by Cavan....

They burned down an Orange Lodge there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I work in a shop on the edge of cranmore so to speak. There were fireworks going off non stop, and two thrown in the direction of the shop. One just outside the door, which thankfully didn't hit a customer who was leaving, and another from a car at the roundabout. I dunno if they were going to throw in the shop and then saw me at the door and didn't but whatever, hopefully tonight will be quieter.

I dunno if they were going to throw in the shop and then saw me at the door and didn't but whatever, hopefully tonight will be quieter.

You must be a pretty scary guy!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Roffles, yeah my beer gut musta scared them! Nah, they were just a bunch of knackers, it wasn't that they saw me just that they saw someone watching them.

it wasn't that they saw me just that they saw someone watching them.

Through a sniper rifle scope perhaps?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Haha

Well I am from Cartron and usually it is a war zone.
    I miss it now that it's gone so quiet. It just wasn't Halloween without all the usual crap.

Am in Cartron too. Have never seen such a quiet Halloween! Not one trick or treater either. I was in work late anyway but the guys in the house said not one!

Was very strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Yea and Cartron is usually full of knackers!!!

<_<

>_>

Thankfully didn't spend Halloween in Sligo, but I was there the weekend before and there didnt seem to be as many fireworks as previous years.

<_<

>_>

Thankfully didn't spend Halloween in Sligo, but I was there the weekend before and there didnt seem to be as many fireworks as previous years.

Careful boy i'm from Cartron!:D

When I was growing up My mother used to have to keep me in the house for fear of me getting in bother!

One Halloween the Gaurds called and said "your son was involved in such and such down the street"

Funny thing is I had not left the house or my mother's sight all night so they left quite quickly!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

When I was growing up My mother used to have to keep me in the house for fear of me getting in bother!

One Halloween the Gaurds called and said "your son was involved in such and such down the street"

Funny thing is I had not left the house or my mother's sight all night so they left quite quickly!:D

Had a simular expierence over my side of town some said i had a stash of fireworks and was setting them off all evening, i was howerver working at the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Yea but you notice how they knew to look in Cartron for the trouble makers :D

Yea but you notice how they knew to look in Cartron for the trouble makers :D

We seem to draw the trouble alright!:p

:O

But not that shocked, people always get the wrong idea about Cartron!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Can we have a seperate Cartron Forum please.

Frankly, they all seem to be a little rough to me.

With thanks,

From everyone in Sligo except the Cartronians.

:D

• Advertisement

Okaaaaaaaay, touchy!!!!

Do you mean a new thread or a new forum because that seems a bit extreme? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

It was a joke Nicola.

Anyhoo, where I live is WAY harder than where you live!

There's no knackers in Cartron anymore...

...I've moved!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

There's no knackers in Cartron anymore...

...I've moved!;)

and you we're so popular, they followed you! How loverly:p

and you we're so popular, they followed you! How loverly:p

Nope. After I left they got Respectable!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Nope. After I left they got Respectable!:D

fred perry jumpers and nike air max tracksuit bottoms are hardly respectful:p

fred perry jumpers and nike air max tracksuit bottoms are hardly respectful:p

You've been thinkin about this waaaay too much!;)

Advertisement