Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To All WTS BROADBAND Users

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dellsmore

dellsmore wrote: »
    In spite of all this, I *am* prepared to help you. You are tearing bits off a good friend of mine, and it's kind of upsetting me. I think you took the wong approach - I will help, John will help. Losing the head on boards is not a good way to approach things.

PM me if you are serious. I listen to people.

After sleeping on this, I withdraw my offer of assistance. The only way you are going to learn stuff is by doing it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dellsmore

tony1212 wrote: »

but its too little too late, waiting on ice to install their broadband.

im curious to know how much are those small white boxes to buy, you seem to know alot about all this?

Maybe I misunderstood what "white" box you you were talking about - the one one in your home or the one on the roof? The one on the roof is what it says on the tin - "a white box". It's just weatherproofing for the electronics. The main cost is for the technology inside the box - and now we're into the "how long is a piece of string?" area insofar as how much the stuff in the box costs.

Good luck with ICE - I hear they have a long and joyous history of assisting their customers. I do believe they may be as good as IBB. I believe their billing systems are ultra-efficient so you've no worries about your monthly subs being collected for a superb service that will drive you to heights of ecstasy that you will never have experienced before (at least not legally!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

jbkenn wrote: »
    This is getting very tiresome.
    I don't what your understanding is, but, here goes, we provide a wireless broadband service, we install an external antenna and cable into the house, we present on an ethernet connection, thats it. We charge €199 including V.A.T. for this and retain ownership of the equipment.
    We do not,
    Fix P.C.'s, Laptops, Playstations, Xbox 360's or any gaming equipment
    we know nothing about fax machines, photocopiers or microwave ovens
    we do not mow lawns or walk dogs
    We have on occasion, because we had the ladders on the roof, repaired a loose roof tile, realigned a badly aligned TV aerial and removed a bird's nest from a chimney pot.

Better luck with the signal test this time.

Immaterial, as my dear departed Dad would say "sixpence for the nail, the pound is for knowing where to hit it.

jbkenn

ok, first off, I DINDNT ASK YOU TO FIX MY PC, OR MY X-BOX 360, i asked you to fix your dam connection that's coming into my house, so that i could go online with my x-box, ya and it just so happend that happend to be passing my house when ice were doing there test?.

and dellsmore from the sounds of it i wouldnt trust you at all, one second your helping me, and the next your not going to help me, sounds a bit like someone i used to know.

well it seems that ice are pretty much running murroe, and hopefully it might put other PROVIDERS out of buissness, hopefully.

oh ya john are you going to refund my 35.00 euro, that you took of me on the friday that you cut me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

sounds like some suscribers to this thread are in the realms of playschool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

tony1212 wrote: »
    oh ya john are you going to refund my 35.00 euro, that you took of me on the friday that you cut me off.

This isnt the place to talk about that. Are you afraid to bring that matter before him on the telephone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

tony1212, may I suggest you contact the company directly in question, everyone and there friend on the internet doesn't need to know specific account details relating to your broadband,

While posting on boards may make you feel better its not the prefered contact channel for many companys and as such I'd suggest calling or e-mailing them directly regarding any refunds you may want.

We get it your unhappy with the service but they've advised game consoles won't be given support and as such thats it, its not fun but your not going to change a companys position if they find they can't support such services due to the technical limitations of the wireless service they provide

looks like there is an opening for a premium line fix it thingy some where around here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

old boy wrote: »
    looks like there is an opening for a premium line fix it thingy some where around here

CALL 1800-HELP-MY-ISP-IS-CR&P

would cover lotsa threads here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

bushy... wrote: »

:D:p:D:p

bushy, you aint got it so why knock it.

• Advertisement

READ:

Or is it too dark up there ?

Anyway i'm sure the service is grand or there'd be no customers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GSW

jbkenn wrote: »
    Not that it is any of your business
    No, but as a gesture of goodwill, we will not charge for the removal of our equipment.

John Kennedy
    WTS Broadband

I know all about you Mr. Kennedy, I would suggest any posters on this site to refrain from doing business with this person. Friends of mine have had dealings with him in the past and when they had troubleshooting with WTS Broadband he was extremely unhelpful, unflexible regarding house visits and quiet simply pig ignorant when it came to discussing withdrawing the service from ex-users. Stay well clear

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LIS

GSW wrote: »
    I know all about you Mr. Kennedy, I would suggest any posters on this site to refrain from doing business with this person. Friends of mine have had dealings with him in the past and when they had troubleshooting with WTS Broadband he was extremely unhelpful, unflexible regarding house visits and quiet simply pig ignorant when it came to discussing withdrawing the service from ex-users. Stay well clear

because all isp's are just sitting by the phone waiting for your call and i do beg to differ about your comment"I know all about you Mr.kennedy".

I happen to know the said "Mr.kennedy"quite well and would just like to state some facts to the ignorant.unlike most jobs John eat,sleeps and s--its,broadband.A 24 hour slog.

When people like you throw your feet up on a sunday people like John are up on the side of mountains keeping people connected.It pains me to read all the recent posts about WTS knowing the effort that is put in to rural areas to provide broadband,which frankly no one else gives a dam about.

So please do what my dear old mother says"If you don't have anything good to say......"....then shut up!! DON'T WORRY JOHN AND ALL THE OTHER ISP'S OUT THERE.THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE THAT ARE GREATFULL.THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

This is why culchies shouldn't be allowed to have broadband or even know of it's existence for that matter :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

This isn't helping anyone keeping this topic open, maybe it should be closed before it descends further into nothing more than an out and out slagging match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

This isn't helping anyone keeping this topic open, maybe it should be closed before it descends further into nothing more than an out and out slagging match.

I agree...shut it down mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

If you have a problem with a post please use the "report post" button.

I'm not closing a thread purely because it's showing an ISP in a poor light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Taildragon

Moriarty wrote: »

Moriarty,

That's a very interesting statement from an impartial moderator.

I happened to be speaking to John Kennedy at the weekend, and naturally enough the topic of this thread came up in conversation. Shall we review this thread briefly?

Thread starter was tony1212 complaining about his perceived poor service from WTS Broadband. I had assumed (by the tone of his posts) that he was a spotty 14 year old with limited social graces. It turns out that he is a grown man who still lives with his mammy, social graces notwithstanding. He is now without broadband, since his view of the commercial realities afforded by a subscription of €35/mo were at odds with those of the ISP.

Our second complainant was MickLimk who advised us that his (normally good) broadband service was below par. Interestingly, when I asked John as to who MickLimk was, and what the difficulty appeared to be, John was at a loss. It seems that other than posting (effectively anonymously) on boards.ie, this individual has made no complaint to WTS Broadband through the more normal channels.

Our third complainant was GSW (whose original post was heavily edited by Mods, very wisely in my view). GSW has "friends" who found John "unhelpful".

Have I missed anybody out? Do these three complaints amount to a damning indictment of the ISP?

There have of course been a number of contributions to the thread (a very few of which were genuine attempts at helping the OP to find an alternative ISP) which largely amount to sniping. Particular credit in this department must go to bushy, who seems to delight in sniping at John Kennedy/WTS at every given opportunity. I was challenged earlier in this thread to declare any interest that I may have in WTS, and I duly responded. Perhaps bushy would also do us the courtesy of declaring his "history" with John (and possibly those of his compatriots over at irishwan.ie)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Taildragon wrote: »
    Shall we review this thread briefly?

Let's not.

If you have a problem with the moderating in this forum, start a thread in feedback. Any further posts asking for the thread to be closed or on other moderating actions will have the entire post deleted and the user banned for a week. If you have a problem with a post, use the report post button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moriarty,

That's a very interesting statement from an impartial moderator.

I happened to be speaking to John Kennedy at the weekend, and naturally enough the topic of this thread came up in conversation. Shall we review this thread briefly?

Thread starter was tony1212 complaining about his perceived poor service from WTS Broadband. I had assumed (by the tone of his posts) that he was a spotty 14 year old with limited social graces. It turns out that he is a grown man who still lives with his mammy, social graces notwithstanding. He is now without broadband, since his view of the commercial realities afforded by a subscription of €35/mo were at odds with those of the ISP.

Our second complainant was MickLimk who advised us that his (normally good) broadband service was below par. Interestingly, when I asked John as to who MickLimk was, and what the difficulty appeared to be, John was at a loss. It seems that other than posting (effectively anonymously) on boards.ie, this individual has made no complaint to WTS Broadband through the more normal channels.

Our third complainant was GSW (whose original post was heavily edited by Mods, very wisely in my view). GSW has "friends" who found John "unhelpful".

Have I missed anybody out? Do these three complaints amount to a damning indictment of the ISP?

There have of course been a number of contributions to the thread (a very few of which were genuine attempts at helping the OP to find an alternative ISP) which largely amount to sniping. Particular credit in this department must go to bushy, who seems to delight in sniping at John Kennedy/WTS at every given opportunity. I was challenged earlier in this thread to declare any interest that I may have in WTS, and I duly responded. Perhaps bushy would also do us the courtesy of declaring his "history" with John (and possibly those of his compatriots over at irishwan.ie)?
    Moriarty is right. May I ask why you feel WTS deserves treatment different to any other ISP? Many threads are created here complaining about services from other ISPs, and none of them are asked to be closed.

Perhaps if representatives had decided to contact the OP through closed channels (as was advised numerous times at the start of the thread) WTS might have been spared this public debacle.

(Also, if WTS Broadband would like to interact with your customers through boards, the admins have a rather generous facility to allow you to have a hosted forum on site. Why not enquire?)

Insulting customers publicly isn't doing much to help your image either.
    Customers have a right to be angry if they feel they are getting poor service, and have a right to complain. You don't have a right to attack them for doing so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

He discussed a customers private and personal details with you? Isn't that a crime?

There have of course been a number of contributions to the thread (a very few of which were genuine attempts at helping the OP to find an alternative ISP) which largely amount to sniping. Particular credit in this department must go to bushy, who seems to delight in sniping at John Kennedy/WTS at every given opportunity.

It appeared from the OP's post that he had just got broadband installed,then his xbox wasn't supported. Since xboxs aren't animals on bandwidth, I asked a fair question.

John posted along the lines of "12month contract is up, please contact if you want to renew/remove equipment" .

Nice straightforward answer that put it in perspective.

Then we get
    BTW, this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055154450
    ..serves to demonstrate the kind of muppet WTS have been dealing with here.

The guy wanted to get his xbox going , mistook a power injector for a router . Perfectly understandable if you've never seen the setup before, they go in much the same place , one cable connected to PC , one to where broadband is coming from and are plugged in.

So by your reckoning , everyone connecting up should become an expert like yourself ?
    Or maybe not
    In the interests of full disclosure I must advise that I have from time to time assisted him in technical aspects of his network
    Doesn't look like you're much good at it if xboxes don't work and
    LIS wrote:
    When people like you throw your feet up on a sunday people like John are up on the side of mountains keeping people connected

More skills needed on your behalf if its your fault the man is up there that often.

But you probably won't answer that though since :
    Moriarty

I will address your question as it appears that you are a moderator of this forum.

Please send on application form SERF/1 for an audience with yourself.
    I was challenged earlier in this thread to declare any interest that I may have in WTS, and I duly responded.

We know , from the posts here it appears you are little-tech-that-couldn't if you are responsible for the apparent lack of functionality/reliability
    Perhaps bushy would also do us the courtesy of declaring his "history" with John (and possibly those of his compatriots over at irishwan.ie)?

No problem, I met the man once afaik , I was with a mate who bought some gear from him , it failed , John replaced it FOC, no problrm , no questions asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MickLimk

John knows who I am. I had been in direct contact with him last week about the issues I was having but I didn't mention anything about boards.ie when I spoke to him first so there was no reason for him to link what I'd written here with me as an individual on the phone. When I met him at the weekend he figured it out during a conversation we were having about wireless equipment. I guess this was after he'd spoken to TailDragon.

Just to reiterate my opinion on all this: I do not have any connection with WTS other than that they provide me with a service which I pay for. They provide me with a generally very good broadband service and without them I'd be completely without. As well as general surfing etc., having broadband allows me to work from home if and when I want, connecting in with VPN without any problems. The connection and uptime are better than I had with IBB when living in the city.

On the one occasion that I've had to schedule a call out, Friday evening was not a problem but I rescheduled that late Friday to Saturday morning and they were there at the agreed time. I also got a follow up call on Sunday.

My only reason for posting in this thread was that I had posted my speeds etc. in a previous WTS thread and wanted to ensure that I was giving a reasonable account of my own personal experience with the service. Given the tone that this thread has taken perhaps I should have posted my follow-up in the original thread and avoided this one altogether.

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Moriarty wrote: »
    If you have a problem with a post please use the "report post" button.

If it was just a matter of showing an isp in a poor light it should be kept open but a lot of this thread is just sheer slagging from both sides, and frankly personal attacks on boards users, if they are working for isps or not thats a good enough reason to think it should be closed. Moriarty you have already edited a personal attack to prevent action against boards.
    Last edited by Moriarty : Yesterday at 17:49. Reason: removed potentially libelous section
    And for the record Moriarty you can send me all the boards infractions you like, I stand by my original statement calling for this to be closed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

smellslikeshoes, as already advised by Moriarty if you have an issues with how he mods then take it to feedback

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bushy has connections with Irishwan in Clare

http://clarewan.org/spancilhill.html

and he cropped up here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54215852

I personally do not take Irishwan , or anything Irishwan comes out with, too seriouslya nd they always seen have issues with someone/themselves/the planet/each other .

They have caused a lot of spectrum interference on occasion. Intentionally or otherwise one knows not .

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LIS

It appeared from the OP's post that he had just got broadband installed,then his xbox wasn't supported. Since xboxs aren't animals on bandwidth, I asked a fair question.

John posted along the lines of "12month contract is up, please contact if you want to renew/remove equipment" .

Nice straightforward answer that put it in perspective.

Then we get

The guy wanted to get his xbox going , mistook a power injector for a router . Perfectly understandable if you've never seen the setup before, they go in much the same place , one cable connected to PC , one to where broadband is coming from and are plugged in.

So by your reckoning , everyone connecting up should become an expert like yourself ?
    Or maybe not

Doesn't look like you're much good at it if xboxes don't work and

More skills needed on your behalf if its your fault the man is up there that often.

But you probably won't answer that though since

Please send on application form SERF/1 for an audience with yourself.

We know , from the posts here it appears you are little-tech-that-couldn't if you are responsible for the apparent lack of functionality/reliability

No problem, I met the man once afaik , I was with a mate who bought some gear from him , it failed , John replaced it FOC, no problrm , no questions asked.

Since what Bushy?maybe you should open a school and teach us all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Sponge_bob wrote:
    and they always seen have issues with someone/themselves/the planet/each other .

And boards.ie is such a tranquil loving place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Bloody hell ! Broadband Limerick style !!! :D

I'm just stunned to be honest that a broadband provider would come on here and post in the way they did, regardless of whatever was posted against them and their service. I've seen a lot, really I have but this is up there with the best of them. Classic stuff :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Bloody hell ! Broadband Limerick style !!! :D

I'm just stunned to be honest that a broadband provider would come on here and post in the way they did, regardless of whatever was posted against them and their service. I've seen a lot, really I have but this is up there with the best of them. Classic stuff :eek:

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement