Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To All WTS BROADBAND Users

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Its bit excessive alright for a bit of broadband.....

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Bushy has connections with Irishwan in Clare

http://clarewan.org/spancilhill.html

and he cropped up here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54215852

I've never been to the Spancillhill setup , I do know one person involved though. Works well for them , all their own work.
    Sponge Bob wrote: »

I personally do not take Irishwan , or anything Irishwan comes out with, too seriouslya nd they always seen have issues with someone/themselves/the planet/each other .

I'm out of playschool a long time , I leave lads to settle their own issues. I look after a few nodes for my path to the internet , not that they needed any looking after in ages. I will also help anyone I can to get connected if they approach me/website etc.

BBl to finish .. meanwhile interesting reading

http://http://wiki.mikrotik.com/images/a/a0/MUM-Niels-krakow07.pdf

later

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

To quote dellsmore, todays word is ban!
    dellsmore banned for 1 month for personal abuse, posts deleted due to spamming and abuse,.

Have a good day
    Cabaal,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GSW

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Bloody hell ! Broadband Limerick style !!! :D

I'm just stunned to be honest that a broadband provider would come on here and post in the way they did, regardless of whatever was posted against them and their service. I've seen a lot, really I have but this is up there with the best of them. Classic stuff :eek:

I agree completely, Im amazed. Heres a PM he sent me and my response.

jbkenn wrote:
    Hi

I am sending you this pm to give you the opportunity to explain your post on boards, I don't know you from Adam, and, I see from previous posts you are located in Co. Donegal, a long way from Limerick. I have requested from the Mods a full copy of your post, and, will take advice on any subsequent action.

John Kennedy
    WTS Broadband

Hallo Mr. Kennedy,
    First of all, let me make something quiet clear to you, I made my posts on a public forum where people give opinions. All posts that I made in response to the discussion about your service (or lack of it) were not exempt to this rationale and therefore there is no grounds for liability as my comments are to be deemed as opinions (however contrary to the beliefs of other posters).

Secondly, as far as obtaining a "full copy" of the post I made: work away, shallow threat-insinuating comments like that really don't bother me. However, let me be very brief with you Mr. Kennedy, any attempt to obtain my offline identity is unsanctioned and unlawful as this forum must uphold my request to remain anonymous unless I say otherwise.

Thirdly, I am simply amazed that you are willing to discuss aspects of your business and customer dealings on this forum for all to see in the first place. If you don't appreciate my criticism then refrain from making posts that present your criticisms. In addition to this point, a poster under the alias of "Taildragon" has since posted on this forum saying that you and himself had discussed the case of the thread starter "Tony1212". I see this as a breach of confidentiality and an example of your unprofessional conduct.

Finally, Mr. Kennedy, I tried contacting you all week at your business address in Limerick City. Strangely enough though the phone just rang out. Is it a ghost town your running or something. Either recruit some new reception staff or at least double check that said address 'exists'.

It's obvious that you are perplexed as to who I am beyond the alias of "GSW". Quiet frankly sir, and excuse me for being as blunt as you, it is none of your bloody business. I would recommend that you focus on improving your service to the extent that it can be said to be impartial, reliable, punctual and professional in all it's dealings instead of persuing (or in this case trying to persue) some kind of childish retortation to my comments.

That is all I have to say. As outlined in your PM you say that you will keep me up to date in all outcomes of your impending actions. I admire your patience but question your priorities. Thank you for response but believe you me, your correspondance is not welcome and I find your dealings with the thread starter similarily bland and weak.

Thank you,
    GSW

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

GSW wrote: »
    I agree completely, Im amazed. Heres a PM he sent me and my response.

Hallo Mr. Kennedy,
    First of all, let me make something quiet clear to you, I made my posts on a public forum where people give opinions. All posts that I made in response to the discussion about your service (or lack of it) were not exempt to this rationale and therefore there is no grounds for liability as my comments are to be deemed as opinions (however contrary to the beliefs of other posters).
    Good for you.
    Secondly, as far as obtaining a "full copy" of the post I made: work away, shallow threat-insinuating comments like that really don't bother me. However, let me be very brief with you Mr. Kennedy, any attempt to obtain my offline identity is unsanctioned and unlawful as this forum must uphold my request to remain anonymous unless I say otherwise.
    The request was refused by the Mod Moriarty
    Thirdly, I am simply amazed that you are willing to discuss aspects of your business and customer dealings on this forum for all to see in the first place. If you don't appreciate my criticism then refrain from making posts that present your criticisms. In addition to this point, a poster under the alias of "Taildragon" has since posted on this forum saying that you and himself had discussed the case of the thread starter "Tony1212". I see this as a breach of confidentiality and an example of your unprofessional conduct.
    Good for you
    Finally, Mr. Kennedy, I tried contacting you all week at your business address in Limerick City. Strangely enough though the phone just rang out. Is it a ghost town your running or something. Either recruit some new reception staff or at least double check that said address 'exists'.
    Management Consultant as well, good for you
    It's obvious that you are perplexed as to who I am beyond the alias of "GSW". Quiet frankly sir, and excuse me for being as blunt as you, it is none of your bloody business. I would recommend that you focus on improving your service to the extent that it can be said to be impartial, reliable, punctual and professional in all it's dealings instead of persuing (or in this case trying to persue) some kind of childish retortation to my comments.
    You, are of no importance to me. I was just curious.
    That is all I have to say. As outlined in your PM you say that you will keep me up to date in all outcomes of your impending actions.
    Read it again, I said no such thing.
    I admire your patience but question your priorities. Thank you for response but believe you me, your correspondance is not welcome and I find your dealings with the thread starter similarily bland and weak.
    Good for you
    Thank you,
    GSW

Thank you too, now, would you ever **** off. I'm busy.

John Kennedy

p.s. Mods ban away, after 6 years I'm off, its was fun while it lasted.

jbkenn wrote: »
    Mods ban away, after 6 years I'm off, its was fun while it lasted.

Poor John, sorry you didn't get your way. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jbkenn, I won't be banning you at this time..don't worry :)

My personal viewpoint on you and your company is that if this is the way you interact with ex-customers/customers I'm very happy I don't have my broadband service with yourself :)

My personal viewpoint does not reflect boards.ie, boards.ie Mods, it is simply my own view based on what I've seen in this thread and others.

Taildragon wrote: »
    Moriarty,

That's a very interesting statement from an impartial moderator.

Thread starter was tony1212 complaining about his perceived poor service from WTS Broadband. I had assumed (by the tone of his posts) that he was a spotty 14 year old with limited social graces. It turns out that he is a grown man who still lives with his mammy, social graces notwithstanding. He is now without broadband, since his view of the commercial realities afforded by a subscription of €35/mo were at odds with those of the ISP.

Our third complainant was GSW (whose original post was heavily edited by Mods, very wisely in my view). GSW has "friends" who found John "unhelpful".

You question the moderators ability to be impartial? Your the one who has joined boards.ie for the sole purpose of backing up your buddy on this subject and you haven't been in anyways neutral since (your very first post, how cute):rolleyes:. I cant speak for any of the other posters on this thread but I DON'T care too much for you making a summary of what you think I have to say in my posts. Say your piece or butt out.

I am simply amazed by the unprofessionalism Mr. Kennedy has show by talking to you offline regarding individual customer cases. And finally, the personal backround of the OP has nothing to do with the subject of this post, please stick to the matter at hand. You say that you imagined that he was a "spotty 14 year old momma's boy": I guess your the one who has been doing all the "sniping", as you put it, on this thread. I don't like hypocrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I am simply amazed at the unprofessionalism of WTS Broadband right now. If anybody... and I mean anybody spoke to me in such a way that Mr John Kennedy has spoked to anyone here on the thread I'd have a very good reason to give them a slap. The fact that this person is in the broadband game and treating his customers in such a way is bloody ridiculous! Whilst Tony's posts originally weren't very well brought across and quite childish this in itself is still no excuse to treat customers in such a way. Mr Kennedy if you keep talking to customers like this you're going to go out of business VERY quickly... and I'm sure your bank manager wouldn't be too happy with that. Personally, I wouldn't shed a tear if WTS Broadband went down the toilet, just gives the likes of Digiweb and Irish Broadband an excuse to move into the area eh?

Regards

PS: I'm sure if any of your contractors that you've had dealings with to install your masts on their equipment would rethink their association with you had they ever glanced upon this thread. Also, sharing customer information with a third party is a violation of the data protection act and if Tony had any copon about him he'd be seeking legal advise right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LIS

Achilles wrote: »
    I am simply amazed at the unprofessionalism of WTS Broadband right now. If anybody... and I mean anybody spoke to me in such a way that Mr John Kennedy has spoked to anyone here on the thread I'd have a very good reason to give them a slap. The fact that this person is in the broadband game and treating his customers in such a way is bloody ridiculous! Whilst Tony's posts originally weren't very well brought across and quite childish this in itself is still no excuse to treat customers in such a way. Mr Kennedy if you keep talking to customers like this you're going to go out of business VERY quickly... and I'm sure your bank manager wouldn't be too happy with that. Personally, I wouldn't shed a tear if WTS Broadband went down the toilet, just gives the likes of Digiweb and Irish Broadband an excuse to move into the area eh?

Regards

PS: I'm sure if any of your contractors that you've had dealings with to install your masts on their equipment would rethink their association with you had they ever glanced upon this thread. Also, sharing customer information with a third party is a violation of the data protection act and if Tony had any copon about him he'd be seeking legal advise right now.[/

I am one such contractor that has had dealings with him and i wouldn't re think dealing with him in the future.you see most of wts customers are very happy but like everything theres always a few(mostly pimping on boards).I am not saying for a second that this thread hasn't got out of hand or that either party couldn't have sorted this issue by other means,but i am saying that a lot of posters have spoken out about a company and a system that they know little about.Just saying that 2 unhappy costumers hardly tells you much about all the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

dosent matter to me bout takin sides, my latest dealings with jknn, contacted him mon nite, reply will be with you on wed, 9.30 pm wed nite knock on the door jkenn, above and beyond the call of duty I.M.O.

• Advertisement

old boy wrote: »
    dosent matter to me bout takin sides, my latest dealings with jknn, contacted him mon nite, reply will be with you on wed, 9.30 pm wed nite knock on the door jkenn, above and beyond the call of duty I.M.O.

Is that supposed to be some kind of an amazing feat? The fact that he showed up at your house when he said he would is what you call "above and beyond the call of duty"! Mind you, people I know didn't even get that so I guess you should be over the moon with the service you get (which you evidently are).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

do i detect sarcasm or could the reply be deemed caustic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

hi, still no luck with getting broadband yet, im using a mates computer, but im glad to see that some people are seeing how pig headed john really is, and he got a fancy new website to, but the limerick number just keeps ringing out, but i will keep looking for broadband, hopefully sometime soon i mite get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Right, that's enough of that. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement