Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zero Punctuation + Medal of Honour: Airborne =

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ROFL

that's the best one I've seen yet

truly fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

ROFL... that ending song by DVDA was brilliant.

EDIT: Reading the forum replies... WOW, can't believe those death towers actually existed??? Goes to show, the germans really did love concrete. I remember playing CoD2 where you had to fight through Point Du Hoc thinking "nah the germans wouldn't of built this many concrete bunkers and silos... but then I visited the place and its immense.

augarten_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Great stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

I think they are all equally brilliant.

One of his best parts though, is from the Super Paper Mario review:

"...I didn't want to play it for fear of catching 'The Gay'"

Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

superb review. accurately depicts the sheer awfulness of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Lol I always thought the flak towers were fake aswell! Great interview, couldn't stop laughing :D

I quite like the game though itself and I still play the multiplayer! The point about everyone knowing where you are and shooting you is true and very annoying!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

very fun stuff, always enjoy his reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I knew him before he was popular *folds arms*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Every week, another slice of brilliance from the greatest game reviewer of the last decade. Never disapoints.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Definitely one of his best so far:p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I don't get the fuss around him really, it's the same every week. "Witty analogy, witty analogy, X game is crap, you're stupid for liking it, music outro."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Yeah, too true.
    Every week I load it up, and it's all like "joke, laugh, joke, laugh, joke, collapse in a heap, joke, cry, joke, laugh". How boring can you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

hes good for the same reasons that seinfeld was good. He is just speaking the truth. All too often I read a review and go "really? Do i have to swallow this, because that game was crap" He removes all the technical mumbo jumbo and describes games like you would to a friend down the pub or during the break in work... and thus far all of his game reviews have been bang on. If you haven't yet, play psychonauts, currently playing through it again and loving it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Yea his reviews are the best out there at the moment. Not only are they really entertaining, I've yet to come across any of his reviews where I didn't agree with his opinion on the game in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

superb review. accurately depicts the sheer awfulness of the game

Sheer awfulness?

It may not be HL2 but moh:a is a solid WW2 fps, and one that at least tries to do things a little differently. But making fun of WW2 games is like shooting fish in a barrel so good job ZP

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's not the silly, low-animation flash with the funny expressions.
    It's not the fast-talking, high-pitched bitter complaining.
    It's not even that he's reviewing over-hyped and/or crap games.

It's the combination of these elements that make Zero Punctuation my Wednesday evening fix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

0ubliette wrote: »
    Sheer awfulness?

It may not be HL2 but moh:a is a solid WW2 fps, and one that at least tries to do things a little differently. But making fun of WW2 games is like shooting fish in a barrel so good job ZP

oh i thought it was dire. MOH is a game that's badly in need of a shake up, call of duty style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

He should really know what he's talking about first! 'I'm pretty sure the Germans didn't have concrete doom towers'. They're called Flak towers...and were used for anti aircraft defense. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Ah, but he didn't say the Germans didn't have flak towers, just that he didn't think they had them. Prove him wrong there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I remember very drunk in vienna trying to make my way back to the hostel and comign across one of these flak towers, not knowing what it was and being scared of it.

They are an awesome sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

The Queen wrote: »
    He should really know what he's talking about first! 'I'm pretty sure the Germans didn't have concrete doom towers'. They're called Flak towers...and were used for anti aircraft defense. :)

And also as air raid shelters given that most standard allied ordnance couldn't penetrate it's walls, but thats hardly the point, seeing as they are a somewhat obscure, if impressive, part of WW2 he can be forgiven for not knowing about them.

Doubly so, seeing as the allies and the russians all tended to avoid these things because the were , infact, giant concrete death towers, so his complaint about historical accuracy still kind of stands.

Advertisement