Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of Accounting

• 01-11-2007 8:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

Hi,

I have completed a degree in computing and am working as tech support for a company on a shift bases so I work nights week on, week off.

I am really interested in getting into accounting, but due to work I can't commit to night classes in my local area.

Can anyone suggest good distance or online courses? And what are your experiences of them.

Tanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gibbins123

hey, i'm doing a course with icai. its only on 2 weekends per month. or theres distance learning option thats one weekends per month. I know theres some people who don't go to lectures at all, just study from the books at home and show up for exams.

u've a degree so u'll get in no prob. though you might have to wait till next Sept cause its already started.

Its 3 year course part time. u dont have to be in accounting job for the first 2 years. wages go up approx 5000 - 7000k for each year u work while on the course. Ur fully qualified and can get a job anywhere at end of it.

Advertisement