Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best of the Burbs?

Options
  • 01-11-2007 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

I'm currently scouring Daft.ie for a flatshare for myself, looking at spending around 400 euro a month. While there is the odd one closer to the city (Drumcondra, Marino etc) the vast majority in my price range on that site are way out in the burbs.

So what's the relative merits of the following burbs, I don't drive so I need relatively cheap and not too long public transport into the city, and a decent local pub or two would be nice. Somewhere you're not going to get your skull cracked in would be nice as well! Oh and a weeknight nitelink is essential!

How do these burbs compare with each other:

Malahide, Swords, Tyrrelstown, Blanchardstown, Clonsilla, Clondalkin, Tallaght, Castleknock etc etc...

Is there anywhere else I should be considering on my budget?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Hi Daniel. I moved from the city centre to the burbs recently. I chose Raheny for reasons just like your concerns. Its quiet, lots of green areas, (I have dogs, there is a huge park there) There is a good bus service, there is a Dart station.

I hope it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

for 400-500 a month, you can live in or near the city centre if you're flatsharing

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

For commuting into the city centre, Malahide is on the Dart line, Blanch, Clonsilla, Castleknock are on the Maynooth rail line (ish), Tallaght is on the Luas line - seem like better options than busing it in from say Swords or Clondalkin (although you might be in striking distance of a train station on the Kildare line depending where in Clondalkin you go for).

A lot of Swords buses divert through the Airport on the way to/from town which is an absolute pain in the behind (unless you are going to the Airport :p)

I know nothing of Nitelink services.

Advertisement