Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timeshift

Options
  • 01-11-2007 9:42am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Its out friday,anyone else getting it?:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

never heard of it before now, just did a quick google.. and yes, it's possible that I will be getting this.

should do until crysis gets to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I played the demo on 360. Seems brillant. The AI isn't brain dead, the graphics are great, the style was great and the effects were well done.

I don't generally like time effects, in fact the only other game I liked them in was Prince of Persia but I loved the demo of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I thought the demo was crap and didn't even finish it. Rental at best.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

PC demo was awesome, I shall be getting it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

roll on 4:30 tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

well ign.com have reviewed this http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/timeshift/review.html

it did'nt get a great score though 6.5:-/ im now having second thoughts about buying it,but I more than likely will buy it anyway and judge it for myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Eurogamer only gave it a 6 on the 360.

jeez it must only be a very very average fps game so :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

played the demo, thought it was a boring standard FPS, done to death a 100 times already. The time effects were unnecessary and confusing.

The game has been in development for years, you kinda wonder what they were doing for all that time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Wicknight wrote: »
    The game has been in development for years, you kinda wonder what they were doing for all that time

I don't know the full details but they had to re-design the game completely from scratch when it was almost complete so thats why its been a long time in development. From what iv heard its quite an average FPS, but the story does seem interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Don't listen to all these reviews the game is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

mcgovern wrote: »
    I thought the demo was crap and didn't even finish it. Rental at best.

Pretty much how I feel. With all the other quality FPS games on the market, it's gonna get lost in the mix.

I have it installed but it keeps crashing on me telling me I need to download the latest drivers,I have a nvidia geforce go7950gtx and every time I go to the nvidia site I cant see my card in the list,can anyone help me please :( cheers

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I have it installed but it keeps crashing on me telling me I need to download the latest drivers,I have a nvidia geforce go7950gtx and every time I go to the nvidia site I cant see my card in the list,can anyone help me please :( cheers
    Welcome to the world of Go drivers, it's a world of hurt.

Fortunately, there is a light at the end of the tunnel: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com

It kinda boned the nVidia panel, but it's the only way to update drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

played the ps3 demo and thought it was very average. the "timeshift" part of it felt like a tacky addition to a generic, somewhat sub-standard fps. they spent a lot of time working out the shifting of time part of the game to make it somewhat skillful but it does nothing for the shooting mechanics.

after all the shouting (and cursing) the producer has done over the past few conferences, this is very disappointing. bad for the game, since gears of war pc is out next week with crysis and UT3 out very soon too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

playing through this atm... after Crysis and then Call of Juarez this feels like such a generic shooter. The timeshifting part of the game feels like a cheap knockoff and the speed at which your timeshifting ability wears out is more infuriating than your suit meter in Crysis.

Also they seem to have tried to balance the game out by making the enemies god like with whatever weapon they are holding. This is alright for corridors and building where you have cover, but every now and again you are out in the open, no cover and a rapidly depleating timeshift meter, once if runs out, you're dead. Also, the rewind feature is absolutely crap. Its not like in PoP when you rewind you get your health back, in this only the baddies rewind meaning any ammo or life you lost is still lost after time resumes. Plus you can't shoot when in rewind, firing your weapon forces time to resume.

So you end up only using the time slowmo option, as stopping time eats up your meter to fast. Which basically turns it into a FEAR clone without the fear :rolleyes:

Plus, even in comparison to Call of Juarez, the graphics look very dated imo.

Advertisement