Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compatibility of D-Boys m4 gearbox parts in JG G35C

Options
  • 01-11-2007 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I recently bought a JG G36C because bits have started breaking off my D-Boys M4 S-System... great aeg but everything was just a bit loose...

I have read a few reviews of the g36 which say its great the only really common complaint is the plastic bushings and the plastic spring guide...

What I'm wondering is can I scavange the 7mm steel bushings and steel spring guide off my M4 to use in the G36... will the bushings fit the gearbox? Will the spring guide fit?

I've never taken the m4 apart and the g36 hasnt arrived yet so im just wondering...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

well, the m4 is a version 2 gearbox and the g36 is a version 3, the basic design is the same, but there are some key differences between the v2 and v3 gearboxes, one of them is the spring guide, the v3 spring guide has wider tabs on the back to hold it in place, other than that i dont think there is much difference, the spring guide from the m4 will physically fit, but whether it will work properly is another question

the bushings are interchangeable, provided the g36 uses 7mm bushings (this is upto the manufacturer and doesnt really depend on the gearbox version) most clones seem to be using 7mm bushings so you should be fine there

the dboys m4a1 has nylon bushings, not steel, cant say for definite about the s-system but i see no reason why it should be any different

Advertisement