Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile broadband - Kildare

Options
  • 01-11-2007 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi, I live in Kildare town and am thinking of getting 3 mobile broadband (I rent a house and don't want to get Eircom etc)
    Just wondering if I could get some feedback from people about it (whether in Kildare or not).
    Is it easy to go over the limit for the month? Is it fast? Would you recommend it? etc
    Thanks in advance!
    Sweet.

Edit: just found the 'problems with 3 thread'....! I don't feel like i have any other choice than get mobile broadband however. Is there any bb provider that people DON'T have hassle with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

One of the guys in work is living in Maynooth with O2 and gets about 1 Mbps downloads. Check coverage maps for your area with Vodafone and O2.

If you give up and go wireless, don't. Go fixed wireless if your going to get anything IMO. We have IBB fixed wireless in Maynooth and it works fine. Don't go with Ripwave or Clearwire under penalty of crying yourself to sleep trying to use the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

I had 3 mobile broadband - I live 15 mins from Kildare Town. Nightmare it was.

There's a website where you can check which operator has masts near you - do a search for sitefinder.

O2 are the only operator with coverage in my area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

Thanks lads, that's really interesting! I called into Carphone Warehouse and they checked my address (in Kildare Town itself) and said that 3 has coverage there. We don't have a phone where I rent and I really don't want a lot of hassle as noone else in the house wants broadband so I'd have to sort it all out.
    Is IBB Irish Broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yeah I'm on Breeze in Maynooth.

One of the guys I know in the same boat as you has gone for Metro from Digiweb because it is a small attachment to the house so he was able to get permission from the landlord, no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Read the 3 sticky before you buy it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement