Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] remote application for skill training?

Options
  • 01-11-2007 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Hallo!

anything out there to change what skill is being trained without logging into the game itself? I'm at work, and would like to get some of those pesky 8 hour skills outta the way :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Nope other than giving someone access to your acct to change them for you the only thing that would help is EveMon (basically monitors skill progression and you can setup training schedules)

http://evemon.battleclinic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

alrighty then. thanks for the link. ;)

been playing about 3 months and have kept to safe space. caldari fighter type, in a moa atm but have 29 mil. heading for a drake soonish I reckon.

what's the craic in low security space? are you constantly harassed by pirates?

;) I'm scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Mmm, drake.

You're not harrassed in low sec. Bored scumbags "harrass". In low sec you get jumped upon and eaten alive by pirates if you sit still for more than twenty seconds. Don't think of it as a little more dangerous: The difference between high sec and low sec is like the difference between being in the seating or in the pit in a gladiatorial arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I knew a guy who jumped into low sec one time. No one has seen him since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Sand wrote: »

Don't play with the new players! Low sec is as safe as anywhere tbh, since you can be killed even in high sec. Just don't jump into low sec in your top of the line ship loaded will all your most expensive items. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Well low sec is nothing like as safe as empire but once your in a fairly nimble quick ship always have local up and watch the map instead of running around blind you should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

R0ot wrote: »
    Don't play with the new players! Low sec is as safe as anywhere tbh, since you can be killed even in high sec. Just don't jump into low sec in your top of the line ship loaded will all your most expensive items. :D

Or idle at the Jita gate in a cov ops full of faction loot eh r0ot?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Sand wrote: »

OHNOES!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Don't play with the new players!

Whose playing? Poor SOB could jump from highsec into a Mom gatecamp and get smartbombed before he even picks the gate to align to. Whose laughing then? Me or the Mom pilot?

Now if interdictors could deploy bubbles to get that camping Mom....well we all know the Mom would race back to 0.0 as fast as its cyno alts could carry it....

But seriously - just get the hell away from Caldari low sec. Christ knows why, but its the most camped low sec in the game. Go to Khanid region. Absolutely no one will be in local with you're there in low sec. Lose a ship there? Quit the game tbh.

But WTF go to low sec in the first place? Make ISK? Run missions in high sec. Make more ISK? Join some piss poor 0.0 alliance and mine or rat while they cry for X in alliance chat. Then join up with the guys who win and ignore them too. Want to kill stuff? Fair enough. All youll find mostly is other guys looking to kill stuff, so make sure you tank to withstand sentry guns. Id say win win, but there can be only one.

If you need to go to low sec - A] Have a plan and check ahead using map to spot the obvious gate camps. B] Fit your ship to PvP - this basically means tackle and gank, maybe some ewar and if youre not caldari [If youre caldari, feck off back to high sec right?], a tank. C] Watch local like a hawk. Hunt or be hunted.

Frigates are a cheap way to screw up until you cop on to the common sense route. Even if you get your ass handed to you, youre only down a few hundred K. Less with insurance. If you get podded? Well WTF werent you spamming a planet or asteroid belt with "Warp To"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

R0ot wrote: »
    Just don't jump into low sec in your top of the line ship loaded will all your most expensive items. :D
    One of my more experienced corp mates forgot this rule the other day and it proved costly, think he estimated well over 200million just in terms of cargo (ship was insured thankfully).

If you are going to jump into low sec space in a pricy piece of kit or while transporting such at least make sure to equip warp stabilisers, give yourself some chance in an emergency.

• Advertisement
Advertisement