Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Advice on best DVD Hard Disk camcorder?

• 01-11-2007 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi folks.

Im considering treating myself to a hard disk camcorder, and am trying to do a bit of research on the net. I have zoned in on the Sony DCR-SR52 or DCR SR 72. Both look nice. Some good, and some bad reviews on Amazon.

One thing that seemed to crop up, especially on a JVC model, was format. The JVC wouldnt play in MediaPlayer, and most editing software wouldnt recognize it!

As this will be a hard disk camcorder, I will need to edit and eventually burn to dvd. Any info in general, and in particular about the Sonys?

thanks

h

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭maco

I have the harddisc JVC player, have it when they first came out, at that time only JVC were available. I dont have problem regarding the format, if you use the software that goes with it, you should be fine. Both Sony should be fine, i think they have HD version as well, that would be great . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭maco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i've used the panasonic HDC-SD1 / HDC-SD5. great cameras, and the combination of high definition & 3CCD makes for excellent picture quality

its AVCHD, which is supported by most new editing packages as well. i use it with the new iMovie 08 and its grand.

they use SD cards though, not hard drive.

on a 4GB SD you get 40 mins of video in the top quality

moe

Advertisement