Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyres in Limerick/Which Tyres?

• 01-11-2007 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for where to get tyres in Limerick? Easiest for me would be the Advance on the Ennis Road, but could I get much better deals in the independant places?

Also I thought I might as well get some decent tyres while I can afford them, i.e. no more Chinese crap :). Any recommendations for what to get? They're just bogger 155/70 R13 tyres so I can't see anything particularly fancy being available, but I don't know the difference between the big brands or anything.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Victory Tyres Limited

Lelia St Co. Limerick

(061)410083

Try these guys. I have been using them for the last 7 yrs and have been happy with the price and service. Paul is the main guy there.

Mike.

No affiliation - just a satisfied customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would also second Victory Tyres. My old man gets his tyres plus the tracking and wheel alignment done there and has no complaints. Unfortunately last time I was looking for Toyo tyres they didn't sell them.

But if your willing to travel a bit I have bought from www.daltontyres.ie, they are based in Cahir, Co. Tipperary. They have a good selection of tyres and alloy wheels. I found their prices on some brands to be worth the 40 mile trip in the past. John is the guy there to speak with.

Regarding which tyres from experience over the years I would recommend Vredestein, Goodyear or Continental. Michelins are good but tend to be very expensive these days and tend to only sell high end tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Mike2006 wrote: »
    Victory Tyres Limited

Lelia St Co. Limerick

(061)410083

Try these guys. I have been using them for the last 7 yrs and have been happy with the price and service. Paul is the main guy there.

Mike.

No affiliation - just a satisfied customer.
    I also recommend Victory Tyres. Paul is a nice chap will not do you wrong. He will also recommend a good quaility set of tyres for you.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Sounds like a good place! Never heard of it before but I know the street. Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Abbey tyres in Abbeyfeale are very good too, good selection, and the good brands are very well priced. Good service too, won't scratch the alloys!!

You should look at dunlop or bridgestone or good year, or semperit are quite good. Uniroyal are actually OK too for that size tyre. Avoid chinese and korean tyres like the plague.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

I second that with the Chinese Tyres...

I bought a second hand car with 4 chinese tyres on it. I brought it into Paul in Victory for 2 new back tyres and he was laughing at me when he saw the tyres that were on it..

He did me a good deal on 2 225/50/R16 Dunlop SP Sport Maxx for my CLK230.

I'll be going back for 2 more for the front in a few thousand miles, once my pocket recoups itself!!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

ive been going to hanover tyres for the last 5 years,
    There on the ballysimon rd 2nd or 3rd left after the tipp roundabout i think

good service no complaints ordered in special tyres for me and no xtra charge.

They'll rotate and balance the tyres as well no xtra cost

No affiliate either just a customer

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭baloonatic

Got great service from Victory Tyres yesterday. The guys spotted a loose cover on the steering joint and cable tied it up. Didn't charge me anything for it even thought they spent at least 15 mins getting it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 prosmart

Another vote for Victory tyres here. Paul is an absolute gent. 2 back tyres for the van done in record time at 8.45 last sat morning

Advertisement