Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spitting!! Ugh!

• 01-11-2007 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭

Was walking over O'Connell bridge this morning during rush hour so there were loads of people. Anyways walking over the bridge, and this Nigerian lad (I'd say mid 40's) decides to spit straight ahead on the ground, and what happens!? It lands on my Ugg! So I turned to him in shock and said "Excuse me, whaaaat was that!?" pointing at the spit on my boot and the ignorant **** shruggs his shoulders and walks on. Then the lady beside me says "Don't worry pet, a bit of (something) will get that right off!" :)

Couldn't believe it, so unbelievably rude. Who in their right mind spits when theres huuundreds of people around!? Wheres the logic in that? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well, at least if you hit someone you should have the decency to apologise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Maybe he was making a social commentary on your Uggs?

Quite frankly I support him...

Uggs are a disgusting habit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Get some shoes, it's not Alaska. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Get some shoes, it's not Alaska. ;)

Hahaha :D

I had a feeling this thread was gonna turn into some sort of anti-ugg debate.........again......... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

How did you know he was Nigerian? Why is it so important to your story that you must inform everyone that he was a non-national? If he only shrugged at you and didn't say anything to you when you confronted him, then it would have been impossible for you to hear an accent which would have been the only real way of telling him apart from an Irish person. He may very well have been Irish.

You're awfully racist. That's probably why he spat at you. I would have too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The poor lad was just showing his contempt for your white racist ass :D

Oh, and your ugg's!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Shut up Binomate. If he was a skanger he'd have said mentioned skanger too and you wouldn't be complaining.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

Maybe that's nigerian tradition. Embrace it you racist little thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Binomate wrote: »
    How did you know he was Nigerian? Why is it so important to your story that you must inform everyone that he was a non-national? If he only shrugged at you and didn't say anything to you when you confronted him, then it would have been impossible for you to hear an accent which would have been the only real way of telling him apart from an Irish person. He may very well have been Irish.

hahaha are you serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭imarugbyball

You're awfully racist.

I hate this attitude. i bet you'd be cumming yourself if she was a non-national and some irish guy spat on her.

You could really work yourself up into a politically correct tantrum and finally impress that hairy feminist girl at work you have been pining for but can't talk to because you have no testicles.

• Advertisement

I hate this attitude. i bet you'd be cumming yourself if she was a non-national and some irish guy spat on her.

You could really work yourself up into a politically correct tantrum and finally impress that hairy feminist girl at work you have been pining for but can't talk to because you have no testicles.
    Why, are you a racist too? EVERYONE is equal in the eyes of God. I serve God and do what is right.

Wow, this thread is bringing out all the racists on boards today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

El-Hadj Diouf is man who could talk about this sort of thing.

Not that you need to be from central Africa to gob at random, plenty of whey faced locals do it as a matter of course.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I think spitting is rather gross myself - especially if you're walking past someone and they spit on your path etc..

Unless there's an overactive saliva gland / you've inhaled a fly - what's with the need to spit everywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    hahaha are you serious?

Well, to be honest you seem to have a slight tendency to notice the nationality of a person when it is not really relevant to the story. See here for example:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54324190&postcount=38

Not saying you are the only one though. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Are they not supposed to be shining our shoes?

I serve God and do what is right.

Which God? Thor? Allah? The egyptian god of beans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

well maybe if we all spat on your ugg boots you eejits would stop wearing them.

Which God? Thor? Allah? The egyptian god of beans?
    Is this a serious question? The Christian God is the only true God.

Oriel wrote: »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

***ehem... eh no they ARE NOT you racist B@$*@r#

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Is this a serious question? The Christian God is the only true God.

According to your sig..there is no God!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Oriel wrote: »
    oooohhhhh........ hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Sometimes things are not racist, they are simply a statement of fact. For example Chinese men will bring up the contents of every cavity in their body, swirl it around in their throats and spit it out on the path without a second thought. OR hold one nostril down and expel the contents of the other (yeah irish fellas are guilty of this too) Point is though, thats socially acceptable to them and a massive amount of them do it, so in my mind its ok to say "some Chinese fella". Also sometimes itd just descriptive.

Gotta say though, if you have been living here for a while and see that actually its ****ing disgusting and NOT OK and most other non skang people dont do it then I dont care who or what you are, you're a foul knacker.

Racist thing is funny though, its like when Ross O Carroll Kelly mentions someone is black and then adds "and I dont mean that in a racist way".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

This shud be closed before it turns into a PC anti religious racism bla bla bla thread.

I bet some don't even get Oriels joke.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

I'd spit on you because you're human. You see I'm one of those lizard overlords we've all been reading so much about and I find it hard to respect you puny earthlings.

I for one welcome our phelming overlords.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Damn right, and why did she have to mention he was a man, she is sexist as well I'd say. Unless she did a DNA test on the saliva to completely prove that the person had XY chromosone pair she is simply leaping to Sexist as well as Racist conclusions. Also she pointed out he was mid 40s, do I need to point out the blatant Ageist discrimination in this? She then had the downright cheek to point out he then walked off, discriminating against those in wheelchairs there, they can spit just as well as the rest of us.

The Christian God is the only true God.

Where is he, I can't see him...

Damn right, and why did she have to mention he was a man, she is sexist as well I'd say. Unless she did a DNA test on the saliva to completely prove that the person had XY chromosone pair she is simply leaping to Sexist as well as Racist conclusions. Also she pointed out he was mid 40s, do I need to point out the blatant Ageist discrimination in this. She then had the downright cheek to point out he then walked off, discriminating against those in wheelchairs there, they can spit just as well as the rest of us.

Now that gets 10/10 for funny lines. Or could I be guilty of discrimnating against the depressed, who can not laugh?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Locked before I have to start banning people.

I suggest some of you bone up on the charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement