Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can someone shed some light on this?

• 01-11-2007 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi guys,
    I'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right section so apologies if not. Our website has been online for a few months. We have achieved good results organinally with google, generally appearing on the first 1-2 pages. I have now noticed that when you search for our site, some of the results come up with a summary of our webiste , actual text from our site but when you click onto the link, it is taking you to a page which is totally unrealted to us and is usually a site covered with google ads of companies within our industry. Am I making sense? Is this legal? Can I stop it? I am not technically minded so I wanted to get any opinions on how to handle this. thanks, replies much appreciated
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I suspect what you're talking about is other sites copying your content and then appearing alongside your site in the search listings. This is extremely common, particularly with blogs.

You can try and get them to stop but often that doesn't work, and it doesn't tend to hurt your listings (unless they outrank you for your topic). Depending on exactly how severe the problem is I might not bother taking any action. However, if it's a real Irish company stealing your content, then definitely do something about it (email them requesting takedown, or talk to your legal representative).

Can you post a link to the results you're talking about here (or PM me the link)?

Advertisement