Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxigen; Muppets...

Options
  • 01-11-2007 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, WTF is up with this company?
    I was informed by a neighbour this morning that black bin collections are being reduced to fortnightly pick-up since sometime last week.
    The people at this company can't even be bothered to inform their customers, their paying customers, of this change in policy....I mean a quick flyer/circular, a text message, ad in the local rag...there's not even anything on their website (and who really visits the website for a waste collection company in day to day surfing anyway?) not even an email address.
    This is what I pay €67 a quarter for (and that's only for the half-sized bin)?
    I'm now stuck with an already full to the lid bin and another week's worth of stuff to squeeze in someplace :rolleyes:

Apparently we're now getting brown bins for organic waste...but no-one in our street has one yet and TBH I've not seen many round the whole town.
    No indication of when we'll have a brown bin or what the collection frequency will be....and I can guarantee you that they'll be raising their rates come january too, with impunity.
    Where's pay by weight? Where's a charging policy that rewards consumers for reducing their waste? Like I said, muppets, and you can quote me on that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Ah...there is loads of the new brown bins around.

When I was walking down to get the Matthews Coach to head back to College I saw every house on Vincent Avenue with a brown bin outside it. But they had just been delivered because in my parents house (Ard Easmuinn) we had just gotten one that day.

Got a new timetable and letter to say what you can put into the bin.

As you can guess I was a bit late heading back to college :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hell I got a letter 5 months back teling me they were implementing the brown bin. Not heard a sauasage since, bar the thud of a direct debit or three.
    My point is that no-one in my whole area has gotten a brown bin (I don't live in a "middle-class" area, but that couldn't have anything to do with it), few seemed to know of the collection schedule changes and in general it's just very poor service. I leave out my black bin next week with another week's worth on top in a black bag and they probably won't take it.
    I have nothing against them taking the system in, I welcome it....but deliver all your alternative bins before you start cutting collections. Does Noel Dempsey work for them or something?
    All they had to do was put an ad in the argus weekender or something, jesus an ad on LMFM....I mean it's not as if this company isn't making a profit; their business is quite literally money for old rope.
    Sorry for seemingly making this my personal rant space but I thought if a few other oxigen customers who were also in the dark got a heads up out of it then that'd be something.

Advertisement