Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf- weird noises

Options
  • 01-11-2007 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 05 Golf 1.4 sportsline which I bought 2nd hand from a garage 6 months ago. Only 26,000 km's on it (17,500 when i bought it).
    I've been having problems with it recently - there are several different electronic type noises coming from the front of the car when I drive - they last for 15 seconds or so and then stop. I don't hear them ervy time I'm driving, just on occasions. The noises are'nt very loud but the 3 of them I've been able to distinguish are all on a different pitch to each other - a constant alarm type noise.
    The past few days the indicator on sound and the seat-belt not plugged in sound have not worked. Last night after hearing the various electronic sounds for about 20 minutes on and off, they suddenly stopped. And my indicator and seat belt sounds were back!!!!

this ever happen to anyone out there or anyone got any idea whats going on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Do you still have warranty from the garage? If so bring it back to them. It sounds like a fault within the dash instrument cluster. The cluster can be tested using the appropriate diagnosis equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Really hard to tell from here but my guess is that your car's ECU or onboard computer management system may be experiencing trouble. VWs these days seem to have lots of niggly issues with electronics.

Are there any warning lights on the dashboard or anything? My uncle has a Passat and it reported a number of ECU errors on the dashboard. The dealer had to update the ECU with a new firmware upgrade from VW.

I would have the car connected to a diagnostics computer in a garage to see if there are any errors being reported by the car's ECU. Best to have it done now in the event your warranty is close to expiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Delboy05

bazz26 wrote: »
    Really hard to tell from here but my guess is that your car's ECU or onboard computer management system may be experiencing trouble. VWs these days seem to have lots of niggly issues with electronics.

Are there any warning lights on the dashboard or anything? My uncle has a Passat and it reported a number of ECU errors on the dashboard. The dealer had to update the ECU with a new firmware upgrade from VW.

I would have the car connected to a diagnostics computer in a garage to see if there are any errors being reported by the car's ECU. Best to have it done now in the event your warranty is close to expiring.

yeah, still in warranty and going to bring it back to the garage next monday. But it's a very small garage and not sure they have that sort of equipment. They said they'll look at it anyway.
    The only warning light on the dash is the 'light bulb problem' hazard, which is correct as 1 of the fog lamps went recently.

Advertisement