Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spilled alcohol on my phone

• 01-11-2007 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I've taken out the sim and the battery and I'm drying everything out on the radiator. But I tried to charge it earlier. Which I now realise I shouldn't have done.Hope it's not fried. Parts of the screen are all blurry bubbly.
    It's a new phone...changed to meteor maybe 3 weeks ago.
    Would they be able to fix it?
    Any tips for saving my poor phone?
    :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I spilled water on my phone, took it apart and used a fan set to hot, you could use a hair dryer.

But, water is probably not as bad as alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Hair drier is the way to go. Radiator may have been a really bad idea.

Leave it somewhere to dry naturally and see what happens. One they get wet they are never the same though, it will have a shorter life span than previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you hadn't put it on the radiator you might have had a chance but sounds like its knackered to me. meteor won't even look at it because its been moisture damaged. i'm afraid its off to the phone shop for you.

i recommend insurance in case it happens again. if its a contract phone you can insure it with your network and if its prepay you can insure it if you buy it in carphone warehouse. i don't think any other shops do insurance on prepay phones but i could be wrong

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I spilled water on my phone, took it apart and used a fan set to hot, you could use a hair dryer.

But, water is probably not as bad as alcohol.
    pure alcohol wouldn't be a problem that's true but alcoholic drinks are about 90% water and they have sugar etc so they're just as bad if not worse

Advertisement