Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch Stiff after replacement

Options
  • 01-11-2007 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Having a really crap few months with my car so fingers crossed this will be my last problem.....

Ok so I've just had my clutch, clutch cable and pedal box replaced on my 2000 seat ibiza (common problem I've found). Mileage is 50K roughly. After I got it back from the garage it was like driving a new car, the clutch was better than it ever was. After 2 weeks it has gone stiff again, makes the ominous creak when I press the pedal(happened before I got it fixed) and its becoming difficult to get it into 1st, 2nd and reverse. Do I just need the cable adjusted?

Please, dear god, don't tell me its something to do with the gearbox, I've just spent about a grand on her over the past month :(

Any advice would be appreciated*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

SMM wrote: »
    Do I just need the cable adjusted?

This would be the place to start. It may be just a stiff cable. Get it looked at before you worry unnecessarily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

Yeah, will do thanks :) Have had really bad luck with it lately. When it rains it pours eh?!

Advertisement