Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much will my quinn direct car insurance premium go up by?

Options
  • 01-11-2007 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Just got a call from an insurance assessor from Quinn Direct with "good" news. The young "lady" I rear-ended (at 10 mph) about 10 weeks ago in Limerick has graciously agreed to settle for 9K! :eek:
    Does anyone have any idea of or have any similar experience of what this'll do to the premium next time round? I'm 30, 4 years driving & my car is worth about 10k. When I asked if there was anything else i could do the smartarse assessor told me to start saving :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

What sort of damage was done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 madser77

her bumper had a 1m horizontal crack, her boot door wouldn't close properly and my bumper had a 3cm crack in it from her tow hook. Oh, and she hopped out of the car holding her neck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Thought as much! It's a whiplash job! They can make up any amount for compo in that case. Know one person who pulled that trick and got 10k about 15 years ago as compensation. The problem is that the insurance companies won't listen to your valid arguments that the damage done was inconsistent with the value of the claim. For what it's worth I think you lose your no claims discount and then you must build it up again over the next 4 or 5 years until you get back to full discount. You have my sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

a 4yr NCD could be worth as much as 30-40% with some companies, no idea what quinn's structure is tho.

Btw seeing as you are no longer what would be classified as a 'young driver' shop around with every other insurance company (this renewal and every other). Most offer far superior products to Quinn (eg free breakdown assist) and can be very competitive in the 30+ market. Quinn's 'yellow pack' type of insurance product is very popular with younger drivers who will pay through the nose elsewhere but you're at the stage where other companies will also compete pricewise. Some require 1-2 yrs NCD to quote male new business though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Part of having driving insurance is you loose the power to discuss claims made against you, thus people getting away with it a claim you believe to be harsh to you....but you hit her from behind. ain't nothing to argue really. Id shop around but you'll Quinn easier to get a quote off cause you don't have to explain anything to them. Any one else will want details of claims made against you and the result is usually more hassle than its worth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement