Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheres my spare tyre??

Options
  • 01-11-2007 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,

I brought my car to get the clutch replaced to a local garage near to where I live in Cork. I didn't hear anything good/bad about them before I went, but they were near and could do the job very quickly so I went with them.

When I got the car back about 2 weeks ago, the stuff that was in my boot (a suitcase & jacket) had been moved to the backseat. I didn't really think anything of it, but I did wonder why they needed to go into my boot if all they were fixing was the clutch, cable and pedal box. So off I went driving for about a week and a half, only to finally notice that my spare tyre is missing!!!! :mad::eek:F**kers!

I can't really prove that they took it, but I am absolutely positive I didn't touch it. I always keep the car locked and I'm the only one to drive it. There was also a bit of the equipment for changing the tyre (looks like a wrench&screwdriver that comes with the tyre) shoved under the carpet in my boot. I know I have to ring them & tear the head off someone, but if I can't actually prove that they took it, how can I accuse them? what are my rights here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cool you jets, maybe they simply moved it for a reason you have'nt yet asked them about.

Simply go round and ask them about it.

Mike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Are u sure u had a spare tyre? It is not under the car at the back?

Could have been a genuine mistake. You are better to turn up at the garage, not ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

Yeah thats a good idea. Hmmm..must admit I was raging when i found out! Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

What make of car is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

2000 Seat Ibiza. Love her, but shes breaking my heart at the moment :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement