Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction to human georgaphy

Options
  • 01-11-2007 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Here is anybody resitting this module, yes i know i failed it.. But i'm finding it difficult as **** to do this re-sit essay. Help me any1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Is that willy nolans essay?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

nah its a geography thingy. I've to construct a critical glossary on 5 themes. I really wish i knew how

I presume you mean Intro to Human Geogaphy, Part One? With Mary Gilmartin and Niamh Moore? Part Two was done last year with Arnold Horner/Willie Nolan.

Get the Dictionary of Human Geography in the SLC and youre sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

yeah thats the one. sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cats-pyjamas

and get intro to human geography, issues for the 21st centur AND OTHER SOURCES. Email Moore or Gilmartin to find out what stuff could be useful. Being critical means passing judgement about topics, theories etc, backed up with evidence and discussion - in other words, don't just say what the dictionary of human geography has to say about a topic, but discuss, compare and evaluate the definitions you find in your reading.

BTW, I'm an ex-tutor who has spent time grading human geog stuff so I know about this!

best of luck

• Advertisement

and get intro to human geography, issues for the 21st centur AND OTHER SOURCES. Email Moore or Gilmartin to find out what stuff could be useful. Being critical means passing judgement about topics, theories etc, backed up with evidence and discussion - in other words, don't just say what the dictionary of human geography has to say about a topic, but discuss, compare and evaluate the definitions you find in your reading.

BTW, I'm an ex-tutor who has spent time grading human geog stuff so I know about this!

best of luck
    that module is actually a joke. it was the easiest module i ever did in my life. i recommend anyone to do it to bump up the gpa. far too easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mountainside

Don't really agree. Thought there was a lot more work in this module than in the other ones as you had to hand in something nearly every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

in the horner/nolan module can anyone point me the right direction in starting nolans essay: Cultural Landscape of a place/District you are familiar with. Refer to its Administrative Divisions, Placenames and Built Environment in the essay. i have missed a good few lectures and dunno where to begin.

cheers!

Advertisement