Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New hairstyle

• 01-11-2007 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭

Hi there!!

I have chocolate brown shoulder length thick hair, which at the moment is layered and have a side fringe (long at the moment)

But I want a new hairstyle – am very limited because it has to be low maintenance – have a toddler and work full time PLUS – I have a round face which makes me look chubby if I get anything shorter than chin length…

What can I get done???? Am sick of the “usual”

Any suggestions? What is “in” for hair?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

your face makes you look chubby,not your hair
    thats like saying do these trousers make my bum look big..eh no your big arse makes your arse look big

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Kaldorn wrote: »
    your face makes you look chubby,not your hair
    thats like saying do these trousers make my bum look big..eh no your big arse makes your arse look big

Fair comment. I must change my op to

"I have a big face face":(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I posted here recently wondering should I go for the chop or not, got some encouraging responses and went for it. I got a bob which is slightly longer at the front. I did this because i also have a big fat face! I'm really pleased with it. Instead of just hanging there (similar to you I had slightly longee than shoulder length thick brown/black hair) it has a nice style now and I feel really good. It's much easier washing and drying it now and styling is is easy enough if i use my straightener. It's definitely less trouble then it was before. I'd reccommend getting the chop!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I was being abit sarcastic in my last post - my face isnt fat really, but having a orund face can give you the illusion of a fat face - just the same way high waist jeans give the illusion of a fat bum..iykwim. So if i went short i would have a fat face and id be paranoid allllll the time and id be lashing on theblusher for the illusion of cheekbones..vicious circle :D

Im really afraid of getitng my hair cut short!! I dont know why! Sometime in the morning i only have time to put my hair in a bun and straighten the front and wouldnt be able to do that with short hair, and im not great at blowdrying!

I would need layers too because, as i said my hair is very thick when left on its own!

I dont know what to do - and my hairdresser isnt great at recommending but she is a fab hairdresser!

Thanks a mil for the reply ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

Why dont you just go a bit shorter but get some choppy layers cut in and maybe a sweeping side fringe? Could change your look and give it a bit of an edge...you dont need to go loads shorter the layers will give movement and give an interesting look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Would you possibly go for a normal straight across fringe rather than a sweepy side one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

dirtydress wrote: »
    Why dont you just go a bit shorter but get some choppy layers cut in and maybe a sweeping side fringe? Could change your look and give it a bit of an edge...you dont need to go loads shorter the layers will give movement and give an interesting look.
    Just what I was gonna say.

Choppy layers at the front and at the back.
    Get the starting layer at the back quite short graduating downwards from there.

Advertisement