Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bring back the rock

• 01-11-2007 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

lets be honest folks, wwe needs the rock back, i know he is a successful actor now but still come ON, he was one of the greatest of all time, definatley the greatest with a mic......we need him back!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

he doesnt want to come back,he's officially retired now, why should he be busting his arse for 300 odd days a year when he can make a movie and get 10 million dollars for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

It's not happening, next.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Lure him to WM24 by inducting his dad to the HOF, and have somebody attack him from behind

WOOO impromtu match hahha

save the odd once a year appearance hes done with competing in the ring, wouldnt be surprised to see him put in a showing at mania 24 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

krudler wrote: »
    wouldnt be surprised to see him put in a showing at mania 24 though

I would be. He's said recently that he's finished with that part of his life. He's not even being billed as "The Rock" from now on, he's plain old Dwayne Johnson

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    I would be. He's said recently that he's finished with that part of his life. He's not even being billed as "The Rock" from now on, he's plain old Dwayne Johnson

we'll see how long that lasts when the studio execs realise that nobody knows who the hell dwayne johson is and stop going to his movies,least when hes dwayne "the rock" johnson people realise who it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'd say he'll come back for a one of match. Maybe Wrestlemania 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

rock is down to about 215lb now, in hollywood that is ok when your co-stars are guys like Steve Carell, Johnny Knoxville et al, but in WWE next to batista,khali, masters or even Cena he would look like brian kendrick or Paul London given the fact he is 6'3-6'4. This is not the look Vince wants :p

it is time to look to the future and i am sure vince thinks the same. Foley, Austin, Hogan, Bret, Rock are gone and will never return full-time imo. Guys like Triple H, Undertaker should do the decent thing and follow those mentioned into retirement thus stop holding up the development of younger talent.

The time is now right to mega-push the likes of MVP, the Hardys, Santino, Umaga, Nitro, Punk, Lashley along with already top guys like Cena, Orton, Batista and Edge. Additions like Samoa Joe, Christian would also help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

It was only last week he said that he would not return to wrestling until the buisness was clean of all drugs, so there is a tiny winy chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

dancor wrote: »
    It was only last week he said that he would not return to wrestling until the buisness was clean of all drugs, so there is a tiny winy chance.

ironic that johnson would say that seeing as he was roided up to the gills himself playing for the hurricanes.

• Advertisement

we'll see how long that lasts when the studio execs realise that nobody knows who the hell dwayne johson is and stop going to his movies,least when hes dwayne "the rock" johnson people realise who it is

Seriously? His new film, The Game Plan, is doing amazingly well at the box office, better than anyone predicted. If you've seen any ads for it then you'll realise that it's definitely not the sort of film that a fan of The Rock would be going to see. He'll get by just fine, and even if he doesn't he'll still be getting along better than he would if he were wrestling

Was just gonna say that, most people know that Dwayne Johnson is his real name, and even if he didn't, he'd want to have an amazing double! ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

The Rock vs HBK needs to happen though. WM25 I say!

Seriously? His new film, The Game Plan, is doing amazingly well at the box office, better than anyone predicted. If you've seen any ads for it then you'll realise that it's definitely not the sort of film that a fan of The Rock would be going to see. He'll get by just fine, and even if he doesn't he'll still be getting along better than he would if he were wrestling

its america, piles of **** movies do amazingly well (not that im saying the game plan is ****) look at the pacifier and stuff like epic movie and little man,all topped the box office, plus its a kids movie and theres not a whole lot of big releases out at the mo, plus hes still billed as the rock on it, im more interested to see southland tales, i think hes a very good actor, lots of charisma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I disagree. The future is very bright for him.

Don't expect him back anytime soon either. He got elected to the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame last week and wrote a letter to Meltzer talking about wrestling very much in the past tense.

i didnt mean he wasnt going to succeed, like i said i think hes a very good actor and i hope he does more movies,just the studios will want a recognised name and until more people realise who dwayne johnson is he'll always be known as the rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Marshley

No real need to get away from The Rock name.

I mean, Sting and The Edge haven't really struggled for success in life!

Marshley wrote: »
    No real need to get away from The Rock name.

I mean, Sting and The Edge haven't really struggled for success in life!

They didn't have anyone threaten to sue em for the rights to it. And believe me, McMahon would sue you for every last cent. He has to keep making that money back that the Fund took from him in 2002 :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Marshley

Dwayne purchased the name The Rock off Vince, didn't he?

Dual Ownership, which is liable to run out at any time whenever Vince clicks his fingers.
    VR!

• Advertisement

There's an entry on the US Trademarks and Patents Office website for "The Rock" which says that WWE registered it for 6 years in December 2001

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

There's an entry on the US Trademarks and Patents Office website for "The Rock" which says that WWE registered it for 6 years in December 2001

Only 6 years?

To me that sounds like they wont expect him back any time soon but that they did expect him back more than he was over the last couple of years

Well he was one of their biggest main eventers towards the end of 2001, I guess they figured that Hollyweird wouldn't work out for him. They were wrong.

VR!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Well he was one of their biggest main eventers towards the end of 2001, I guess they figured that Hollyweird wouldn't work out for him. They were wrong.

VR!

Yeah thats what I was getting at. It seemed to me that they were expecting anohter 5/6 years out of him be it a couple of main events a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Double C wrote: »
    The Rock vs HBK needs to happen though. WM25 I say!

those two always hated each other, in real life they just never got on, so neither of them would agree to it! one can dream tho!! :D

has anyone noticed how they are makin john cena do very rock "esque" rants on the mic when he is being interviewed!? no offence to cena, but he is not "the great one!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

Advertisement