Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO for property company

Options
  • 01-11-2007 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips for improving my google rankings? Have a look at the website and let me know:
    chezriviera.com

Thanks
    Riviera

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

make the title on every page unique, and ensure it contains words and phrases that describe what the page is about.

Having Welcome to Chez Riviera as the title on every page counts as duplicate content and spiders dont like that, make sure they are different and meaningful !

It's a really nice site by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 John_flood73

forget about the search engines (just ensure they can index all content) and make the users the main focus for your site this is the best way to beat your competitors on the search engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Although I do agree with John that you should focus on your users rather than the search engines, you need users to the website first before you can truly focus on them.
    To do that you need traffic and the best way of getting traffic is from search engines.

What do you need to do?

The most important element is developing your keyphrases, there's no point in doing anything else until you have chosen these.

After that there is work to be done on the site to incorporate new content relating to your chosen keyphrases. Then you need to build quality links to your website. And from there, when the traffic arrives, you can build content specific to your users based on feedback from your stats etc.

There's obviously more to it than what i've said. But I hope this gives you some sort of insight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 glengara

You might consider buying Aaron Walls' SEO Book and using it as a foundation, haven't seen it myself but it seems generally accepted as the best guide around.

Alternatively, a couple of months membership to SEOMoz might also be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

France is one of the most comptetive areas I've encountered while SEOing for International Property.

2 words, "relevant links". But remember to use different anchor text on your inbound links now because Google have a new penalty knocking people down the SERPs if an overwhelmingly high % links have the same anchor text.

Besides that you should probably half your meta keywords and use a bit of bold text.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

First I will be looking in changing the top menu as they don't work if javascript is turned-off so SE can not see them at all, same for having search forms on the page.

Even so, the first menu link is not linked to any page - why?

Advertisement