Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVI to MPEG/MP4/DVD Converter?

• 01-11-2007 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get a hold of one of these that works with Vista? almost every video clip I have on my laptop is in AVI format and I wanna free up some space. Or to heck with that, anyone even know a brand of dvd player that plays .avi's? I heard the old San Bernardos/Dunnes Stores brand does but am not sure...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hirth03

I used Alive Video Converter, its done a good job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

hirth03 wrote: »
    I used Alive Video Converter, its done a good job.

I am a total newbie to Audio / Video stuff.

I just downloaded and installed this program.

It works on a 20 day trial, that lets you convert 60% of a file.

It has worked no problem for me. However, it has got some bad reviews on download.com :

http://www.download.com/Alive-Video-Converter/3640-2194_4-10748474.html?v=1&sb=1

I will probably buy some "proper" software, after I try a few different ones
    on a trial basis. Will keep you posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Is ffmpeg only for mac? Do a dvd/encoder freeware search and you might find something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

divx player sorted

Advertisement