Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash paint or anything like it?

Options
  • 01-11-2007 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I bought one of those air fresheners that has actual liquid in it and decided to put it on the little dash area in front of where the clock is.
    But the thing leaked and it stripped a load of the original suff off the dash area. Its flaking off now and it looks crap to be honest. All shiny and flaky.
    Is there anything i can get that could cover over this?
    It's a long shot i know but worth a try.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's a company down here in Cork who work wonders with Dashboards, Fibrenew ... don't know what part of the country you're in, but he has a mobile workshop, and could be worth a call! He did a superb job on the scratched plastics of my girlfriend's car, and he'll be doing mine soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ned78 wrote: »
    There's a company down here in Cork who work wonders with Dashboards, Fibrenew ... don't know what part of the country you're in, but he has a mobile workshop, and could be worth a call! He did a superb job on the scratched plastics of my girlfriend's car, and he'll be doing mine soon too.
    Take those spurs off, Ned! ;)

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    Take those spurs off, Ned! ;)

lol, seriously though! He has bugger all to do with me, he just does a good job, some idiot threw suitcases into the back of herself's cabrio and scratched all the plastics, and cracked one panel, an hour after Fibrenew, and you wouldn't even know ... which was a huge relief, as replacement plastics weren't cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 starpolestar

Thanks Ned but i'm in Dublin. Good to know there are places that fix these type of things though. Might try googling it. Cheers

As far as I know, it's a worldwide franchise, so there might be someone up in Dublin doing it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

In Dublin, try www.carcraft.ie

I got them to do a full colour restration on a car for me before. I was pretty happy with the results.

I know they do repairs on holes on a dash from mobile phone cradles etc.. so give them a ring.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Do Fibrenew do repairs that resolve the issue of hole created by car kit installation?
    Any indication of price for this type of job or even how much yours cost?
    Any contact details?

Apparently he can manage it, but it depends on the severity of the hole naturally. His name is Pat Wheelan, and his number is 087 9131298.

Advertisement