Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym in Waterford City.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Junior

Lads,

Does anyone know of a good person to have a look at some one's diet and eating habits and see what could be adjusted ? I've been reccommended to go see David Burke.. but the nearest available appointment is mid march.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Junior wrote: »
    Lads,

Does anyone know of a good person to have a look at some one's diet and eating habits and see what could be adjusted ? I've been reccommended to go see David Burke.. but the nearest available appointment is mid march.
    junior just give up all the sweets and you,ll be grand boy lol

junior just give up all the sweets and you,ll be grand boy lol

Already have, cut down on fizzy drinks, but I get bored of food quiet easily, I'm trying to change my work situation so I can get more time on the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

make a post on the Fitness pages of boards...the lads there are great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Does anyone know if the Kingfisher in Waterford offer a direct debit service for members joining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gummage

meldrew wrote: »
    So you think people that dont join gyms and use them on a pay as you go basis are "public access clowns" , whats wrong with buying a card and using it when you want to instead of forkng out upwards of 500 euro to go around telling people "oh I"m in the tower/woodlands I dont go where the common people go " as you say you've used all the local facilities you should well know that wherever you go to train theres going to be posers , so get off your high horse and dont be painting everyone with the same brush .

I never suggested that people who use public facilities were 'public access clowns' if you read my post properly I specified the CRYSTAL! I have trained up there before and I have had absolute idiot hero's telling me what to do, have no gym etiquette and are only there for one reason and one reason only and thats to get big to kill people down town on a Saturday night! I've listened to them on numerous occaisions and it's pathetic! So maybe if you take the time to climb down off that pedestal of yours you might be able to READ MY POST PROPERLY before jumping on the moral bandwagon and suggesting that I am some kind of snob!

Q: Would you stay away from some pubs in the city because of the people that go there?

EXACTLY MY POINT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gummage

dermoto wrote: »
    Jesus you sound like an absolute p***k. "public access clowns" "serious lifting". wtf? are you taking the pi** or are you actually always like that? I think i speak for everyone in this thread when i say we'd prefer if you werent in our conversation.

You DON'T speak for everyone on this thread and you clearly have not got the vocabulary to give it an even half arsed try! So shut up little angry man and come back with a decent response to back up your vitriol!

AGAIN for your benefit! READ MY POST PROPERLY and also my reply to the fella before you who also got it completely wrong! Both of you got your knickers so tied up in a twist you failed to comprehend what was ACTUALLY said!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

kensutz wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Kingfisher in Waterford offer a direct debit service for members joining.

Just checked this out, yesterday I was told there was a special offer of no membership fee €250 and today I was told there was and it was €150 plus €540 a year this can be paid by dd with a once off fee of €199 then €48 per month, place looks great and I love the spa,
    public prices are €10 for gym plus €8 to use the pool

It certainly is the job, joined up on Tuesday and couldn't be bothered waiting around. Great facilities and great staff.

It certainly is the job, joined up on Tuesday and couldn't be bothered waiting around. Great facilities and great staff.
    did you have to pay the €150 membership fee ? I'm loving the look of it but was abit intimidated by the amount of very fit people using it :D

• Advertisement

€199.98 on Tues.

I'll have to wait till pay day at the end of the month

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cabaal wrote: »
    This might help people

http://www.kingfisherclub.com/ :)
    Gives all the info

AWFUL website. I cant believe they are paying "web designers". Its awful. Frames, "Coming Soon". Argh. Quality services, not anywhere near quality website. Iv seen designs like that going for free on TemplateMonster.
    €199.98 on Tues.

Any other fees?

Sully wrote: »
    AWFUL website. I cant believe they are paying "web designers". Its awful. Frames, "Coming Soon". Argh. Quality services, not anywhere near quality website. Iv seen designs like that going for free on TemplateMonster.

Those in Glass houses etc..

Any other fees?
    Yeah direct debit fees.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Junior wrote: »
    Those in Glass houses etc..

You think so? Send us a PM with your feedback, id love to hear it. :)
    Yeah direct debit fees.

So its what, 200 a year taken Direct Debit, and nothing else? Thought there was two prices.

You think so? Send us a PM with your feedback, id love to hear it. :)

So its what, 200 a year taken Direct Debit, and nothing else? Thought there was two prices.

Its €540 a year with a one off joining fee of €150, if you want to pay by DD its a one off fee of €199, which is €150 joinging fee and first months €50 after that its €48 a month for 11 months Whew !

Thanks next. Hardly just €200 to join for a year now is it

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

next wrote: »
    Its €540 a year with a one off joining fee of €150, if you want to pay by DD its a one off fee of €199, which is €150 joinging fee and first months €50 after that its €48 a month for 11 months Whew !

Or if you are an employee of some of the factories on the Ind Estate its €515 for the years membership without the joining fee.

That Aquos, is only dependent on numbers of people interested.

• Advertisement

Thanks next. Hardly just €200 to join for a year now is it

Which is exactly why I asked.

i heard a lot of people complaining about the kingfisher....they said the changing room has a bench only big enough for a few people to change on at once... apart from that i havent heard much

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

That Aquos, is only dependent on numbers of people interested.

Possibly Yeah,. I just saw one or two notices up about the place where I work with the price of €515.

Typhoon. wrote: »
    i heard a lot of people complaining about the kingfisher....they said the changing room has a bench only big enough for a few people to change on at once... apart from that i havent heard much

The benches are pretty small, there's about 4 of them in the male changing rooms. The place was pretty busy this morning when I was there but no problems using machines or in the changing rooms getting changed.

some people just have to be complaining....maybe they dont want to be goin to the gym so the moan about it instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

Does anyone know the name or have the number for the gym in the Tycor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rearl

does anyone know the opening times of waterford crystal gym, esp the weekends. I can't find it on their website...
    and what are the so called 'peak times' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

their stupid times at weekends.
    Sat its 10am - 3pm

Sun its 10am to 1pm (!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

the gym in tycor is called tycor health and fitness studio.

the number is 051-350986

Membership Rates

12 months - €120
    6 months - €70
    3 months - €50
    O.A.P.S - €50
    Students - €70
    Youths - €50

Admission to gym for 1 day - €4 or Weekly Ticket - €12

has a website too if u want to check it out
    http://tycorfitnessstudios.com/index.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

spockpower wrote: »
    the gym in tycor is called tycor health and fitness studio.

the number is 051-350986

Membership Rates

12 months - €120
    6 months - €70
    3 months - €50
    O.A.P.S - €50
    Students - €70
    Youths - €50

Admission to gym for 1 day - €4 or Weekly Ticket - €12

has a website too if u want to check it out
    http://tycorfitnessstudios.com/index.htm
    good spot,very reasonable too