Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym in Waterford City.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dracularsa

Hi all,

can anybody tell me what would the closest gym be to the hospital?? I would be based there for 6 months - would any gym be interested in only a 6/12 membership??? Or otherwise is there a gym on a bus route from the hospital as I would not have a car??

I would be interested in cardio and machines - a swimming pool being a bonus!!!

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

dracularsa wrote: »
    Hi all,

can anybody tell me what would the closest gym be to the hospital?? I would be based there for 6 months - would any gym be interested in only a 6/12 membership??? Or otherwise is there a gym on a bus route from the hospital as I would not have a car??

I would be interested in cardio and machines - a swimming pool being a bonus!!!

Thanks in advance

The woodlands would be your best bet. When you go in tell them your situation with regards to work. Id imagine it will set you back in the region of 300 squid.

If i see you hogging any of the machines I will throttle you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dracularsa

thanks for the speedy reply - will check them out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Woodlands is just down the road from there. As far as I know its €330 for 6 month membership

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Woodlands is just down the road from there. As far as I know its €330 for 6 month membership

I think The Woodlands is €150 for a 3 month summer membership if that's any good to you.
    That's what I paid last year anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Woodlands do six month memberships alright and is in the region of €300. handy out for the hospital.

Thinking of joining up myself in the next little while. What's it like there? Is it busy? What are the staff like etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Thinking of joining up myself in the next little while. What's it like there? Is it busy? What are the staff like etc?
    I'd recommend it anyway.
    Decent gym. Never that busy in there. Staff are friendly, and will do out a free workout plan when you sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

blue-army wrote: »
    I'd recommend it anyway.
    Decent gym. Never that busy in there. Staff are friendly, and will do out a free workout plan when you sign up.

That's basically exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

nkay1985 wrote: »
    That's basically exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks.

Hi, I am looking at getting the parents a swimming pool membership for Christmas, they are based on the Dunmore Road, is Woodlands the best bet, and any idea what an annual membership costs?

Hi, I am looking at getting the parents a swimming pool membership for Christmas, they are based on the Dunmore Road, is Woodlands the best bet, and any idea what an annual membership costs?

Its €475 per person but I think there is a small discount for a couple, thats for pool and gym, you cant do pool only. In terms of convenience it os the best choice but t isn't the greatest quality out there for the money. Having said that, a new manager started recently and there have ben some positive changes and hopefully that continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ive never been a member of the woodlands but the pool does look very small so if your parents like a decent swim that might be a problem. other than that id highly recommend kingfisher. decent size pool and pretty good facilities. i believe the tower and spirit are decent too. never used either. kingfisher is normally around 400 euro a year per person but you should get that cheaper for both of them.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ive never been a member of the woodlands but the pool does look very small so if your parents like a decent swim that might be a problem. other than that id highly recommend kingfisher. decent size pool and pretty good facilities. i believe the tower and spirit are decent too. never used either. kingfisher is normally around 400 euro a year per person but you should get that cheaper for both of them.

It probably is better quality but its over the opposite side of town form the Dunmore Rd. Also I have heard people say it gets extremely busy at certain times.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Gael23 wrote: »
    It probably is better quality but its over the opposite side of town form the Dunmore Rd. Also I have heard people say it gets extremely busy at certain times.

thats true alright and yea it does get busy at times but im sure most places are the same. pick your time and you ll be fine. pool can be very busy at times though with kids lessons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SimplyBlue

Does anyone know the current prices for the WWTC? Their website isn't working at the moment

Advertisement