Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

To get rid

Options
  • 01-11-2007 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I have a 95 Toyta Cynos 1.6L 130k - nice little car if any of you know it.

I have had it around 2 and a half years now -bought for just under 4 grand, but have a royal pain in the ass with it at the moment..I have had to get a new engine (1 grand which was brilliant) amongst other things but now I need to get it tested and know there will be a host of things I will need to do to have it pass which will all add up.

Im currently saving at the moment and paying off a little bit of debt so this has come at a bad time - anyone know or recommend what I should do carwise?

I thought up until recently you could scrap a car for a reasonable amount but it appears you cant do this? unless you trade it for a new motor somewhere.

Id love to have something like a ford focus, something practical and tested but that doesnt look ridiculous.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

I feel your pain with the recent car trouble :rolleyes: Well if I was you, I'd cut my losses and get rid of it. With 130K on the clock is it really worth it to keep pouring money into it? Do you know what its worth? I'd go for a toyota corolla 99 or 00 hatchback version, I think you'd be looking at about €5,500 for a decent one, but it'll probably be an investment as they go forever. And they hold their value pretty well too. You could always get a cheaper one and then upgrade when you've paid your debts and get some cash together.

Advertisement