Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projected Inflation Rates

Options
  • 01-11-2007 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Anyone know where I could find 5 year projected inflation rates for Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

No. I'm sure someone has a projection, but it isn't going to be very useful or accurate. The target inflation rate is 2 percent. The actual inflation is something like 5 percent, so we'll probably end up somewhere between the two. There, that's my projection. But anything could happen.

Also, inflation varies a lot between sectors. The price of DIY equipment is falling through the roof for instance, while the cost of hairdressing seems to be growing steadily.

What do you need to do this for? If you are doing a business plan, you may be better leaving inflation out of it, on the assumption that inputs and outputs will increase at the same rate. I would do this, unless there is some specific reason why you need to consider price increases, in which case a general figure won't be much good to you.

Advertisement