Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 down?

• 01-11-2007 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

In UCD, have zero o2 reception - phone it seems cannot connect to the network. Tried a meteor sim in said phone - no problems at all.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 longbrian1

Am in Cork, can ring non-o2 numbers from my (o2) mobile but not o2 numbers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Rang the helpline there and there was a recorded message about some o2 customers not being able to make and receive calls, joy of joys.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

My text messages don't seem to be delivering. I'm in Dublin 24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭trellheim

Just did a 15 minute o2-o2 conversation [ am in Sandyford, recipient in IFSC ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

In UCD, have zero o2 reception - phone it seems cannot connect to the network. Tried a meteor sim in said phone - no problems at all.

Anyone else in the same boat?

yes. Have not been able to log on here in Belfast (on 2 O2 accounts) since around 14:30. tried phoning a friend on o2 in Dublin at 15:00 and could not get through. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

In Cork having trouble all day ringing both O2 and non O2 numbers, I'm on bill pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Yes. Near UCD and the O2 network is down. Has been for at least the last half hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

also in cork.....tried ringing my mobile off the landline but it wouldnt connect, and tried sending a text and no good either... its been weird all day.. any one else experience this??

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭AOR

O2 down in Rathmines, cannot ring/text any numbers and also people are not able to contact me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 darthculain

South Dublin, not a thing, inc checking credit. N o o2 or non-o2 calls/texts.

• Advertisement

I have no idea what's going on, i have full reception but it won't connect to the network, my flatmate is having no such problems at all.

Still no network at all here in Dublin 14, near UCD. Thats almost 3 hrs now. Sort it out for **** sake O2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I was having problems making phone calls and sending messages so I was blaming my phone but it must have been because of this. Any reason for the problem?
    Btw im in monaghan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

BFassassin wrote: »
    I was having problems making phone calls and sending messages so I was blaming my phone but it must have been because of this. Any reason for the problem?
    Btw im in monaghan
    Girl I spoke to on the phone just said "network issues" same as the automated message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

im in limerick and sent a text to my other phone,both on o2 and hasnt sent, sigh should make work interesting tomorrow, why is it whenever i have a day off i come back and find out something major has happened and have to take abuse from people all day lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Can't ring O2 in Limerick. Texts don't seem to be going either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

texts from my meteor fone to o2 numbers in cork also not working... are they even looking into it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I'm getting a signal, but message on phone is "No access to network". I'm in Wicklow.

My girlfriend was having trouble with her signal while I didn't have any problems. Both on O2. But my text messages from a few hours ago still haven't delivered to some phones I just found out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Still no network at all here in Dublin 14, near UCD. Thats almost 3 hrs now. Sort it out for **** sake O2!

3? It's now been six and a half hours for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

PG4000 wrote: »
    My text messages don't seem to be delivering. I'm in Dublin 24

Same as me. . .just diealed a landline and it worked Ok but texts arn't getting through :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

My phone is getting no network at all. This makes me sad. Which is actually sad that I am so dependent on my phone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Just a heads up... I have been having intermittent trouble in the Drogheda area. I use a 3G phone (Nokia 6233) and noticed if I turn 3G off on the phone and just use GSM I have no problems at all..! Hope that helps some of yee....!

R

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

In Tramore, Co. Waterford. Full reception all day, but its been dodgy. Some (but not all) messages are going but not receiving.

culabula wrote: »
    3? It's now been six and a half hours for me!

I was able to get a signal and check my voicemail at Dublin Airport at about 5 o'clock with no apparent problems, but since I've got home I have no signal.

Still nada here in D14. No network name even appearing on the phone. Was with Vodafone for 7 years before moving to O2 and never experienced any network trouble with them. Get it sorted O2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Having severe difficulties receiving and sending SMS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Starting to get some of the backlog of messages through now, but it's been dead for me since before four this afternoon.

I'm not sure it's sending SMS even now.

Ringing landlines works OK.

I've been around College Green and on the DART, it was on/off the whole time. Can't even get network access now.

Mine is still dead as a doornail - very annoying I have to say.

Thank god I have a second phone - otherwise i'd be really stuck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ODONO

O2 is down in North Cork too! As well as this their On-line web text isn't working either!

:mad:

Advertisement